Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £22,178 - £29,290 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
1. You'll be allocated your own cases for which you maintain responsibility including: making contact with the customer, conducting an investigation into their questions or concerns by checking systems and speaking to colleagues, ensure a thorough understanding of any issues and produce a coordinated company response.
2. You will be expected to play an active role in helping identify solutions.
3. Your communication with your customers should be professional, clear and jargon free, mindful of the terms of our complaints handling process, best practice and the regulators requirements.
4. You will also be required on a regular basis to help out in every other department within the Customer Contact Centre.
5. Working Hours between 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 5pm Saturdays on a rota. There will be a requirement to be on standby 1 weekend out of 6 across the winter period.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Previous experience in a customer based role and a proven track record of delivering a first-class customer experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to build rapport and demonstrate empathy.
3. Clear, consistent and professional written and verbal communication skills
4. As a customer champion your passion for service excellence will ensure that our customers experience outstanding service and a rapid solution to any issues raised.
5. Effectively manage your time and be able to work under pressure with a variable workload. You will be required to take responsibility for continued future learning and share knowledge with the team.
About our Business
[ Link removed ] powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our [ Link removed ] which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an [ Link removed ] for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [ Link removed ] / 01738 340 128
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
Service Excellence Health Care
Rapport Loan Origination System