Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer to join the Training & Development Services in Vancouver. Your primary role would be developing and updating both front and back end code for new or existing application. In addition, you would be providing support and assistance to our existing customers and in house users.
The Applications Development group is a small team within the larger Training & Development department at Wood. We produce custom software in the eLearning space for a variety of large industrial clients. We build both an editing suite for producing SCORM compliant modules and a Learning Management System for hosting eLearning courses
- Working together with a small team on a wide variety of e-Learning projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Working independently to build and deploy web applications
- Assisting in maintaining / extending an existing Ext.js / C# / MSSQL application
- Communicating effectively with the team members on various tasks and projects as assigned
- Investigating and gathering information required to complete assignments within deadlines
- Providing support to existing clients and users
- Degree in Computing Science or Diploma / Certificate in Computer Programming or Application Development is required
- Must have proficiency and work experience working with an SQL server such as MSSQL, MySQL, or Postgres
- Must have an understanding of software development best practices and tools such as version control with Git, build servers / Continue integration tools such as Go, and deployment tools such as webdeploy.
- Experience using Ext.JS, IIS, .Net web frameworks, Adobe Animate, and Windows Server considered an asset
- Working with Learning Management Systems / SCORM would be an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Sql (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Java Script (Programming Language)