Directs, controls and coordinates execution of effective Project Risk Management, Project Assurance and Project Interface Management, under the leadership of the MEET Director of Projects. Serves as Subject Matter Expert in these areas.
Supports elements of Air Products Project Execution Planning.
Collaborates with internal and external persons across all functions. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Risk Manager applies expertise to perform the following leadership activities:
- Directs, controls and coordinates execution of effective Project Risk Management across the Region.
- Supports the Director of Projects, as well as Executive Leaders in Air Products and Air Products Joint Ventures.
- Promotes a Risk Aware Culture by reinforcing the following with Development Director, Project Leadership Team and Delivery Teams:
a) Management commitment; b) Risk ownership; c) Discussion of cross-organization impact; d) Trust facts, not judgement; e) Ask "What's new?";
f) Encourage transparency by fostering open communication.
- Serves as Risk Subject Matter Expert for Air Products and Joint Venture projects.
- Serves as Agent of Change for Policies and Procedures when an existing Risk Management practice does not match latest industry thinking.
- Develops a standard Risk Management Plan that can be used as a starting point for new Air Products and Joint Venture projects in the MEET Region.
- Prepares and conducts Training for Risk Management policies and procedures.
- Undertakes quantitative and qualitative risk analyses and simulations to help Air Products and Joint Ventures, Project Directors, Project Controls, Schedulers and Planners, and Estimators to optimize future outcomes. Collaborates with Project Controls on execution of Monte Carlo Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Organizes and hosts Risk Workshops to identify risks and opportunities and conducts follow-up discussions with appropriate stakeholders.
- Risk Management Digital Solutions: Drawing upon experience with multiple digital solutions for Risk Management (e.g., workflow-driven database solutions for risk), outlines required features and recommends to Air Products the best digital solution to manage Risks.
- In lieu of a corporate-owned workflow-driving database solution, prepares and owns a standard Excel Risk Register template for use to facilitate identification, management, and tracking of risks, opportunities, the Impact and Probability of occurrence, risk treatment plans, and assignment of responsibilities.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders to update and facilitate communication of risk and risk treatment plans.
- Prepares and issues Risk Management reports as required.
- Minimizes risks through early identification, planning, and selection of best practices, including a focus on prevention of problems.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Project Assurance
- Develops project execution plans as required for assigned projects.
- Promotes standard application of Project Assurance practices, including Air Products Stage Gate planning, across projects.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for effective Project Interface Management across Internal & External project Stakeholders including Commercial, Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Startup, Operations, Maintenance, EP Contractors, and Service providers.
- Project Interface Management Digital Solutions: Drawing upon experience with multiple digital solutions for Project Interface Management (e.g., workflow-driven database solutions for Project Interface Management), outlines required features and recommends to Air Products a digital solution to manage Project Interface Agreements across multiple parties.
•Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Science
•20-25 years' work experience
•Leadership & Stakeholder Management: Strong, proactive leadership qualities who can overcome obstacles through building successful stakeholder relationships.
•Experience with Major Capital Projects related to oil and gas industry.
•Collaboration: Works with all levels and all functions of Air Products and Air Products Joint Venture Partners. Able to build trusting relationships.
•Self-Guided: Self-motivated, pro-active individual who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
•Organization: Excellent organizational skills.
•Project Management: Familiar with Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies for managing Major Capital Projects.
•Problem Solving: Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrates initiative and assertiveness to gather stakeholder support when required.
•Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Presentation: Excellent presentation skills to subordinate and senior management audiences.
•Flexibility: Capable of adapting to change.
•Familiarity with directing Contractors/EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firms.
Project Risk Management