About the role
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, skilled and safety focused Trade Qualified Electricians to join our wheel motor section in the Mackay Workshop. This position is permanent based on a 3-month probation period.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes\:
- Relevant Trade qualification
- HRWL – LF, DG, RB preferred
- Conversant with fault diagnosis & testing procedures for AC and DC electric motors
- Competent in usage of measuring equipment
- Basic welding and usage of gas cutting torch and burners
- Ability to mechanically inspect electric motors
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Maintain the well-equipped workshop including updated critical spares list in site store
What we offer you
- Permanent roles offering stability
- Experienced Leadership Team
- Employee benefits and discounts
- Great teamwork, professionalism and continued improvement
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
- Electric Motors
- Measurement And Metrology
- Oxy Fuel Welding
- Self Motivation