URL blocked - click to apply is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Position directly supports management with the overall execution of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures involving renewable assets that support NextEra Energy Partners, LP’s (“NEP”) long-term growth strategy. The Senior Financial Analyst will be highly involved in analyzing renewable portfolios which are sold to third-party private equity investors as part of the Strategic Infrastructure Partnerships (“SIP”) with NEP, similar to our 2020 sale of a 50% interest in a 1 GW renewable equity portfolio to KKR Infrastructure. Position conducts in-depth financial analysis of renewable energy assets, including the impact of a sale to NextEra Energy, Inc., and assess the marketability of a portfolio from the perspective of a private equity investor. The Senior Financial Analyst will have a significant level of interaction with such buyers, and assist in the negotiation, execution and close of the SIP Sale. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will also assist in the evaluation of mergers and acquisitions transactions involving NEP.
The role is responsible for working cross-functionally with other Energy Resources business units, including Development, Business Management, Project Valuation, and Treasury.
• Critically analyzes impacts of strategic decisions, and provides input and recommendations based on assessments
• Performs quantitative financial analysis, including the construction of detailed financial models in Microsoft Excel
• Participates in the evaluation of potential renewable development projects for the Monthly Operating Committee, the Risk Committee, and Energy Resources CEO Vetting
• Prepares internal and external presentations in a clear and structured manner
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Strong work ethic and team-oriented attitude
• Preferred Experience: 3+ years
Employees in this role support senior management decision making via financial modeling and analysis, including but not limited to, revenue requirements and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis, and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
- Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
- Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Mergers And Acquisitions
Discounted Cash Flow