Under general supervision, performs general accounting work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility. May prepare income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports. Analyzes financial reports and records, makes studies or recommendations relative to accounting reserves and assets. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal vouchers, accounting methods and procedures. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Work directly with the Senior Accountant and Corporate Financial Reporting Manager in completing essential corporate accounting/finance functions for the company.
Perform accounting tasks and reviews to aid management and operational personnel in making sound business decisions.
Assist in completion of the full accounting cycle including: posting and closing monthly ledgers, and supporting tasks for submitting monthly reporting items to the corporate office.
Consider both the local plant management and the corporate office as the primary “customers.”
Management intercompany statements and communication to each product line.
Support special projects or financial analysis as needed.
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of routine and progressively more difficult accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures.
Reconcile bank accounts, post to and balance general or subsidiary ledgers, process positive pay bank transmissions and compile segments of monthly closings and monthly reports. Provide basic analysis of reports and data.
Contact other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve common problems.
Provide assistance in quarter and year–end financial reports and schedules.
• Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures in accordance with GAAP.
• Good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced PC skills, including strong Excel and presentation skills (proficient with pivot tables, vlookups and data analysis).
MS Navision experience and OneStream experience is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple activities successfully.
• Previous experience with data analysis skills preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent. Experience
• 3+ years of experience or Master's Degree in Accounting / Finance.