Requisition ID: 118660
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent you will play a vital role in the success of the Project. You will efficiently plan, organize, supervise, and ensure that the work is done following the highest quality standards, complying with construction drawings and specifications. You will also build and maintain positive working relationships with your crew, clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff. Above all, your main responsibility is to guarantee that Nobody Gets Hurt on the Site.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. The serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern Canada.
- Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality, and schedule adherence.
- Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate and interface effectively with other craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
- Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
- Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
- Perform additional ad hoc assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- At least 10 Years construction experience
- Experience in underground wet utilities (sewer and watermain) and civil work
- Minimum 3 or plus years as a Superintendent
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Able to manage 3-4 foreman and 20 craft
- Problem solving capabilities with the ability to make informed decisions with safety environment and quality in mind
- Able to work night shift and weekends in Ottawa
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Complex Problem Solving