Utility Person – General Production
Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
As a Utility Person at Cleveland-Cliffs Steelton, you will work with the latest technology to help us develop new and improved steels that are used in making our world faster, stronger, and more sustainable. Ideal candidates enjoy working in innovative, challenging environments and are willing to constantly raise the bar and create what’s next.
A Utility Person is responsible for performing all types of general labor and light mobile equipment required to maintain plant operations.
- Work with Materials and equipment necessary to transport and process product and materials.
- Support and assist in maintenance activities in their area and in support of operating units.
- Positions will require the following capabilities: operate multiple levers to control the operation of a piece of equipment, observe product for quality control and interface with computerized product tracking systems.
- Operate various large hand tolls and industrial pneumatic power tolls and may require heavy lifting (up to 50lbs)
- Work with overhead cranes to move product or material, hook up parts of overhead crane and give crane signals.
- Other duties assigned.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- High School Diploma.
- At least 18 years old and work full time.
- Experience working in a heavy industrial environment
- Operate various large hand tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping, walking, use of hands, etc. is required.
- Must submit to and pass physical exam which includes a hair follicle drug screen.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Handling And Load Carrying
- Quality Management
- Patient Assessment
- Tower Crane