Your Person Information may be stored on servers that are located in your country of residence, Emerson Global Corporate or other countries. We may also share your Personal Information with Emerson’s affiliates worldwide and necessary service providers. In these cases, Emerson will take reasonable steps to ensure that the data recipient is obligated either under the law or through contractual arrangements to provide adequate protection on the data received from us.
Please do read below linkage for “Privacy Notice” in details before your application. If you have any questions about the above first paragraph or this “Privacy Notice”, please discontinue your application immediately; if you continue your application, you will be deemed to have consented to the above first paragraph and all content in the “Privacy Notice”.
[ Link removed ]
The director of engineering leads the engineering team of the organization in AP level, from hiring and training new team members to performing tech projects and managing the Engineering investment and budget.
Has both a strategic and technical role inside the company which include technology expertise, setting goals for the team, selecting and prioritizing projects in lines with goals and resources.
Leads new product development and make sure they satisfy customer expectations, applicable regulations and contribute to the company performance.
Is a member of the Asia Pacific management team and will be involved in cross functional projects with other world areas and BUs
- Plans and coordinates engineering staff activities.
- Provides training and mentoring as needed.
- Anticipates new needs and capacity issues to recruit additional Engineers as needed
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Conduct permanent technical surveillance to drive innovation
- Collaborates with Marketing and Business Development teams to determine new product opportunities
- Develops new products from concept to production release in line with products development procedures.
- Ensures product conformity to all applicable regulations (global and local)
- Provide technical expertise to sales and BD for critical applications
- Oversees progress and timeliness of projects through KPI like Time to Market (TTM) and new product sales tracking
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for cost reductions, efficiency improvements and cross functional collaboratives projects such localization, automation, and rationalization.
- Identify Lab and model shop investment in line with project demand and technology changes
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and product development.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills – Proficient in English
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, or relevant field
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring