Senior Reliability Engineer
Enphase Energy is the fastest growing inverter company in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar panels by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation solar technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer-Reliability, the successful candidate in this key role at Enphase will
move the organization toward efficient, scalable and predictable Reliability methods while retaining true flexibility in a highly innovative environment.
- Lead cross functional teams to perform BOM Scrub, DFMEA and DfR (Design for Reliability) in early life cycle phase and recommend design changes.
- Utilize modeling, and accelerated testing techniques (including cycles, phases) to identify and prevent field issues in early life cycle phases.
- Develop detailed understanding of product design and implement reliability testing plans to qualify products within program schedules.
- Designing, procuring, building test platforms and Setting up testing environment and equipment
- Facilitate the efficient collection of test data, interpret the same, and provide understandable reports on the test outcomes.
- Analyzing field data and correlating test results to field performance
- Analyzing / troubleshooting failures on identified systems and driving issues to closure with preventive measures
- Develop innovative methods to identify critical failure modes and prevent/fix prior to new product launches.
- Apply expertise to optimize the complete solar system solution to ensure life performance to the warranty.
- Work with 3rd party CM’s, and Quality department to ensure ongoing compliance with reliability specifications utilizing an ORT program.
- Travel requirements may be up to 25%
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.Eng, M.S. in scientific or engineering field
- 5+ years reliability-focused product development experience; 2+ years storage-industry experience
- Excellent written and presentation skills to write papers, make presentation, and communicate to executives or committees.
- Strong understanding of materials, mechanical, and electrical engineering fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Design for Reliability processes and principles
- Experience with developing and executing product/process qualification test plans and aging experiments including HALT, HASS
- Strong understanding of statistics, probability, and Design of Experiments
- Proven ability to apply scientific problem-solving techniques with strong attention to detail
- Experience with data analysis software; Relex, or Reliasoft knowledge or experience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Preferred Experience: Python, C++/C# or other object-oriented programming language, Test automation experience, black/white box testing, hardware debugging/testing, hardware QA
- Enphase Headquarters is in Fremont, California. Enphase has offices in Petaluma, Austin, Christchurch NZ, and Bangalore IN. Enphase utilizes a Contract Manufacturer, Flextronics in Shenzhen China and Guadalajara, MX.