Are you committed to excellence and enjoy finding the best solutions for customers? Do you have previous experience of working in the Process Automation environment and technical skills in control system hardware and software engineering? If yes, then we have a phenomenal opportunity for you to join our Process Systems & Solutions team as a Control Systems Lead Engineer!
We are looking for someone to take responsibility for overall engineering and design of project specific Process Control System solutions within the applications engineering field, which will meet the requirements of both the end-users and Emerson Automation Solutions business.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, then join our team in Switzerland!
In this role you will:
• Report to the Project Manager to agree the course of action necessary to complete the assigned project in a timely and successful manner within the engineering budget.
• Lead the Project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager.
• Interface and coordinate all technical issues relating to the project with the project team, internal and external clients as required for the successful execution of the project.
• Be responsible for the assignment of required engineering activities to project team, monitors the project performance and progress.
• Ensure that proper engineering techniques are employed by the assigned Project teams, seeking consistency and innovations for continuous improvements.
• Be responsible for specialist technical knowledge on specific issues
• Be responsible for the overall technical correctness of the software and the associated technical documentation.
• Visit client sites and perform design studies, acceptance tests, commissioning, and training
• Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations, and engineering estimates.
You have knowledge of some, preferably all, of the following elements: Control system design, Control systems HW cabinet design and assembly, software system design, software implementation, software testing.
You should have the ability to work optimally with end users, engineering either internally or externally to the business, in ascertaining requirements, informing, and documenting all aspects required in the provision of the department.
Above all, you possess interpersonal skills such as: professional attitude, technical orientation, teamwork, flexibility, self-learning, and you are highly motivated to succeed.
For succeeding in this position, you will need:
• Education: Bachelor’ Degree, preferred background Electrical or Process Automation Engineering
• Knowledge preferred: GAMP, S88, S95, Validation and Life Science automation experience, MS-Office Applications
• Work experience: 10 to 15 years post graduate experience in a Control engineering project environment
• Language skills: German - fluent, English - good, French - basic (desired)
• Interpersonal skills: Leadership and Teamwork, flexibility and self learning, professional attitude, technical orientation, committed to excellence
• Must be able to travel within Switzerland (valid car driving license)
• Willingness to travel to other world areas for training or business trips or for longer assignments to perform design studies and commissioning activities on customer sites if necessary.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Control Systems Lead Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
We look forward to receiving your application, which you should submit to us exclusively via our career portal.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.