Jacobs’ Nuclear Projects and Consulting is a Tier 1 service provider to the U.S. Department of Energy, we deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include engineering design, construction management, program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations and consulting.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative candidate who thrives on meeting difficult challenges through motivated and efficient teamwork and is committed to delivering projects on schedule and within budget. Based in Oak Ridge, TN., you’ll be managing large and complex projects for clients from the commercial sector as well as federal agencies including the Department of Energy.
As a Nuclear Project Manager you will plan, direct, coordinate engineering and/or construction and other activities for assigned projects and in accordance with the delivery approach while ensuring client goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Experience with the delivery of nuclear projects, with a background in performing nuclear, radiological design, remediation, D&D or construction is essential. The work will be performed in Oak Ridge, TN with potentially some travel.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of design experience with increasing responsibility
- Knowledgeable and experienced in delivery of nuclear projects
- Background doing nuclear, radiological design, remediation, D&D or construction
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and within the client organization.
- BS degree in a related engineering design field
- Experience in multi-discipline design projects
- Management of large interdisciplinary engineering or operations teams
- Design engineering or Operations manager experience on large $100M projects
- Q clearance or eligibility to obtain a “Q”
- Sole USA Citizenship is required. No Dual citizens or visas for this role
- Ideal candidate would have 10 to 15 years of experience
- Previous experience working with teaming subcontractors to produce a consolidated design
- Previous DOE Nuclear project experience
- Current or former US security clearance
- Demonstrated experience in successful cost, schedule and contract management of nuclear projects
- Master’s Degree preferred
- A person residing a commutable distance from our Oak Ridge, TN office
Essential Functions Work Environment
Equipment and Machines: Standard office PC, with software will be provided
Building Information Management design software
On-Site Security training is mandatory before performing project duties.
Timely response to resolve issues is expected.
Travel required – As needed
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS U.S. Citizenship required.
Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]