This position provides Cyber Assurance Leadership Support by working with and across departments including Control Systems and Automation, OSG Telecommunications, OSG Infrastructure, OSG AMI, Distributed Automation, Process & Technology, Innovation, Corporate Security, Corporate Risk, Legal, Insurance, Audit, Investment Planning, and Regulatory as needed to support Secure Grid Modernization Strategies. This position is responsible to identify, classify, and treat cyber risk as the company progresses on the Grid Digitalization.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership across departments to the Managers and professional staff in support of Compulsory Assurance Lines, Control Objectives, and Conformance reporting
- Follow applicable federal agency guidance on advanced technologies relevant to Grid Modernization and assess impact on AVANGRID Networks business model
- Lead, develop, maintain, and write ICS/OT cybersecurity policies, rules standards, and guidelines
- Participate in appropriate external industry groups, including the Electricity Sector Coordinating Council (ESCC).
- Research current industry and government frameworks, vulnerabilities, and risk trends, and assess impact
- Monitor grid security and resiliency issues and intelligence from a variety of sources and if needed synthesizing and framing impacts and considerations on AVANGRID business areas.
- Assess vendors/3rd party’s solutions for applicable cyber standards/policies
- Establish Vendor process and metrics for cyber assurance.
- Engage suppliers for purposes of framing appropriate mitigation/remediation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational environments.
- Synthesize recommendations for improvements in cybersecurity business processes related to identifying, processing, and managing cyber risk for ICS/OT. Develop cybersecurity metrics to gauge how conformance to cyber standards, policies, and technical requirements.
- Analyze current/future IT and OT vendors, hardware, software, etc. that may be introduced to modernize the electric grid and assess increases and offsets to cyber exposure.
- Respond to audits, participate in cybersecurity-related committees, and explain policy impacts at all levels of the company.
- Educate members and government agencies as required during cyber and physical events.
- Interact with the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and other relevant agencies as needed in response to security and grid modernization-related issues
- Lead Securitization of Grid Modernization for AVANGRID Networks
- Assess and Mitigate Controls and Conformance as well as Cyber Vulnerability and Weakness for scaled adoption of:
- Network Automation
- Smart Metering
- Resilient Telecommunications
- Intelligent/automatic centralized operations
- Digital Asset Management
- Digital enabled organization
- Distribution Automation
- Real Time Systems
- DER Management
Education & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity
- Experience of 5+ years in Business Decision Support including Cybersecurity Risk Indicators and Performance/Metrics reporting.
- Preferred: security clearance.
- Strong communication and administration skills related to cybersecurity technology
- Strong system engineering and integration background for complex systems and networking
- Strong understanding of current and future state of cyberspace
Desired Skills/ Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal government cybersecurity activities and practices
- Experience in federal or state regulatory environments
- Experience in federal cybersecurity agencies and environments
- Experience in a utility environments
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Agile Methodology
- Business Management
- Business Model