We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
- The Candidate must have minimum 11+ years of professional experience in Railway signalling domain (preferable Aus/USA/UK - Mainline/Metro).
- Candidate must have knowledge on Signalling Design Principles, Interlocking Functions & Interlocking Testing.
- Able to understand the Railway Operations and has knowledge on Signalling equipment’s (Points, Signals, Levl crossings, Track circuits, Block Instrument, AFTC & Axle counters etc)
Competencies and skill Set Requirements
- Knowledge on Railway Design standards – Mainline/Metro/US,UK Railroads/Australia Railroads
- Hands on Design experience in Mainline/Urban/US,UK Railroads/Australia Railroads railway signalling
- Able to understand the Design inputs and Analyse the inputs readiness for Designing the Hardware plan, Book of wiring and Interface circuits.
- Able to write the Interlocking specific programming such as Ladder, Boolean etc..
- Hands on experience in technical writing for signalling applications like creating User manuals, Test procedures, Design check list and project specific documents.
- Competent to interact with Onshore project design team for the technical convergence & Interactions.
- Software skills (Primivera-Resource forecasting, Project Planning & Estimation, Purchase request & Quote)
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking and effective communicaton with Project team based outside india.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, Project Design Lead and be accountable for the Design Deliverables, ETC and Project milestone schedule.
- Adhere to Project specific design principles and project schedules, follows the Project Engineering plan, Change management plan and configuration management plans.
- Analyse and confirms the input required and commite the delivery timelines to the offshore Project Engineering manager and Project Leads.
- Maintain Design Quality and stick to the Project committed Deadlines.
- Analysing and replying to the reports/comments from the Various teams (Testing & Commission, Verification and Validation, Internal & External Customer)
- Prepares the project specific design documents Ex: Signalling scheme plans, Control Table, Interlocking Book of wiring, Interface circuits, Bungalow, House, Case designs, Power Calculation & Bill of materials.
- Contributes to continuous improvement/Innovation (RoE: Return on Experience, Work method statements, etc.)
- Promoting and Practicing the Alstom Code of Ethics and adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Design Elements And Principles