We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Development and production Brazil (DPB) is responsible for the company’s operations and business development in Brazil. DPBs ambition is to develop safe and sustainable value growth in Brazil, shaping the future of energy and bringing progress for society.
Equinor has been present in Brazil since 2001 and is located with head office in Rio de Janeiro. The company has a diverse portfolio with activities at all stages including:
Exploration licenses (Campos, Espirito Santo and Santos basin)
Operated producing asset: Peregrino field (Campos Basin), that is our largest operated international offshore operation;
Partner operated licenses: Roncador field (Campos Basin) in partnership with Petrobras
Project Development: BM-C-33 (Campos Basin) and Bacalhau (Pre-salt development in Santos basin)
Renewable energy: Apodi solar project in partnership with Scatec Solar (which is under construction in the Ceará state)
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Leads a team of Utility Operators and maintainers in fulfilling the FPSO steam, power and utilities needs.
• Uses the maintenance management system (SAP) to execute the maintenance plan and update maintenance history.
• Proposes changes in maintenance routines and plans to improve the FPSO reliability and efficiency.
• Continuously monitors and adjusts the spare parts and consumables stock to ensure high equipment uptime.
• Ensures compliant and efficient permit-to-work use.
• Ensures that vendors and contractors are managed safely and effectively.
• Identifies training needs for the team.
• Handles emergencies, as part of the emergency response team.
• 5 years of experience as 2nd engineer onboard of marine vessels.
• Or Engine Room Supervisor of FPSOs, preferable with boilers and steam turbines.
• Or 10 years experience as Utilities Operator in steam plants or FPSOs.
• Second engineer STCW III/2 or equivalent technical degree.
• Fluent in Portuguese and with good command of English.
• Efficient in use of maintenance management systems, preferably SAP.
• Able to lead a team of Utility Operators and maintainers in fulfilling the FPSO steam, power and utilities needs in Engine Room and Topside Power Plant.
Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
• Takes strong ownership of tasks, overcomes obstacles and strives to make a positive impact.
• Works in a structured way and with endurance to meet agreed objectives.
• Has good interpersonal skills and is a good team player.
Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations.
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognize that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach a copy of your CV in English. Applications submitted without such attachment will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.