If you’re continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about new solutions in automation systems, if you have a can-do attitude and enjoy delivering the best customer services, then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us as a Proposal Engineer with German you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities.
You will be responsible for the timely delivery of accurate project quotations based on customer specifications and in line with the sales strategy. You will act as a Solution Architect during pursuit and proposal phase by defining innovative and efficient solutions to fit customers’ requirements. You will also work on international projects and will have the chance to combine the technical aspects with the commercial ones.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Analyze customers RFQ (Request For Quote) for project proposals, raise and resolve any queries;
- Responsible for the generation of all project proposal deliverables (Bill of Material, Table of Compliance, System Architecture, Technical Solution and Commercial Proposal) using various proposal tools ensuring accuracy and completeness of the financial estimates;
- Organize and/or attend internal proposal kick off and review meetings; report on assigned tasks and assumes full ownership of assigned actions;
- Prepare quotations for Long Term Service Agreements and issue renewals within the set target;
- Work with the European PSS sales team to issue several proposals in parallel;
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Degree in engineering, preferably degree in control & process automation
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a commercial or engineering environment (customer support, sales support, technical sales, application engineer)
- Good knowledge of Industry Processes or Process Control and Instrumentation is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Technical writing, detail-oriented and ability to work accurately
- German and English language upper intermediate (written and spoken)
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Proposal Engineer with German, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.