The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for adapting, modifying, testing and validating software solutions, control systems and corresponding instrumentation to the users specific process conditions so that they meet the requirements and operating standards required by the customer.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the technical coordination of teams responsible for the implementation, installation, modification, testing and validation of software solutions, automatic control systems and related instrumentation.
- Perform software installation and configuration according to the specifications received from the customer, and with the documentation of the technical part;
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of the iStaging and Upgrades initiative;
- Develops templates on the documentation side of projects;
- Availability to perform tests and technical reports performed at the client's location;
- Responsible for providing support for the preparation of the proposal part in projects containing Wireless and Cyber Security;
- Implementing and testing project requirements based on technical specifications independently;
- Coordination of internal tests, factory validation tests, customer site start-up activities and customer site validation tests;
- Provide support for the development of project specifications in accordance with Customer requirements;
- Identify opportunities for improvement of working methods and procedures;
- Compliance with the procedures in place when processing orders involving embargoed countries;
- Preparing reports for the Project Manager of the project in progress, with the aim of establishing an action plan necessary to complete the project on time, successfully and within the agreed budget;
- Ensuring the technical correctness of software and related instrumentation, together with related technical documentation;
- Coordinating a project team, from a technical point of view, in close collaboration with the Project Manager and/or Lead Engineer;
- Outlining the software configuration and execution strategy in accordance with the client's needs;
- Establishing the best compatibility between the difficulty of the task and the experience level of the project team members, with the help of the Team Leader/Engineering Manager;
- Providing informational support to sales teams (presentations, demonstrations, estimates, technical solutions);
- Travelling as required within the country or abroad for project meetings, testing and commissioning, in accordance with the requirements of the ongoing project.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field - Automation / Telecommunications / Electrical Engineering / Computer / Chemical Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years experience in automation systems development;
- Solid knowledge of industrial process control;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of another European language of international circulation is an advantage;
- Solid knowledge of PC operation, Office applications;
- Understanding of commercial aspects of projects;
- Willingness to travel short (days) and long (months) for business purposes and to work at client's location.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Electrical Engineering
- Control Systems
- Process Control
- Technical Documentation