Local Unit & Position Description
To enable Energy Systems to achieve its strategic ambitions and become future fit, we need leaders who drive business operations to meet customers’ expectations while also continuously improving the way we work. Region Northern Europe is therefore seeking a Business Development Manager to further develop stronger value propositions for key customers aligned with the Energy Systems strategy.
You will be the responsible Business Development Manager for Transmission System Operators within the region Northern Europe and report to the Market Area Manager Germany. This role gives customers a voice within the organization, challenges the internal organization on customer centricity and provides input for customer policy and strategy. You will strongly focus on customers, drive sales, and manage customer relations successfully. For developing targeted Key Account campaigns, you will collaborate closely with Marketing, Communication & Public Affairs. Last but not least: You will contribute to building the (people) sales competencies and strive for a high performing and collaborative culture.
Primary tasks of this role:
- Drive sales, by actively managing sales pipeline growth and increasing order intake for defined Key customer(s). Strong influence on project pricing, resourcing and bid quality
- Optimize customer experience
- Monitors and manages the sales funnel from sales qualified leads to won opportunities
- Seek key customer and market insight
- Fosters relevant internal and external network
- Acts as a project sponsor for key projects, monitors delivery of projects/services to ensure high-quality and consistency, participate in cross-sector opportunities
- Supports the Regional Leadership team in strategy and decision making
- Educated to at least degree level, preferably in electrical engineering
- Several years experience working at a senior level in the industry
- Exceptional commercial awareness, good understanding of market drivers and challenges and market foresight
- Excellent understanding of the regulatory, political, and competitive landscape in Germany and the European energy system
- Solid understanding of the transmission system operator business
- Strong experience in offshore wind projects and the integration of renewable energy systems into the transmission network (e.g. HVDC, converter stations, interconnectors, onshore and offshore cabling)
- Proven business development ability within this sector, building strong stable relationships with customers
- Excellent written and oral German and English language skills
Company & Business Area Description
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home and in the facilities of our clients)
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Further attractive additional services
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Business Development
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Experience
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Value Proposition
- Decision Making