Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operations of Accounts Payable team of the Global Intercompany Center of Excellence. The Operations Manager acts as the point of contact between the different World Areas Finance Leaders and the Manila Team in driving migration, continuous improvement, standardization and automation of processes that cuts across the finance teams. The person participates in operations reviews, organization reviews and Manila policy review meetings. Ensures the career development of the subordinates and self.
Duty 1: Accounts Payable Functional Expertise and Skills
- Ensure quality of the work performed by the Accounts Payable Accounting Team
- Ensure proper processing of invoices and communicate on this with suppliers and Sites
- Ensure compliance with tax and other statutory requirements of the affiliate/country clients
- Work proactively with Business Unit clients to resolve processing errors or issues
- Work with internal audit and senior BU management relating to T&E policy violations and issue resolution
- Provides Accounts Payable Operations Report, relevant reports and recommendations to the BU/Site Controllers and CFOs on a timely manner
- Proactive management of Accounts Payable Debit Balances, Past Due Intercompany Payables, Debit Balances, GRNI or unvouchered by ensuring proper controls are in place and adding value management to what the Specialists do.
- Ensure compliance of the accounting practice, statutory requirements and data integrity
- Recommends to World Area CFOs aged invoices to write off.
Duty 2: Customer Management
- Maintain strong working relationships with finance management throughout the finance organization
- Ensures that customer needs are met on a timely and accurate basis
- Ensures efficient communication with counterparts, other divisions, entities and factory by delivering factual data, reports and information on time thereby maintaining accurate perception on the capability and performance of the team/s in Manila
- Manages customer communication to ensure that pertinent laws, rules/regulations, policies and programs in the Philippines are explained and uphold
- Participates in business conference calls
- Escalates operational issues/concerns from a process level to the appropriate support departments and provide sound recommendation to customers
- Develops and maintains partnerships with customers to increase business and customer satisfaction. Deals effectively with customer needs, issues and escalations
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers to provide updated, real-time business results and operations status
- Properly sets customer expectations and proactively manages, plans and organizes project/account scope towards overall business plans and strategic goals
Duty 3: Operations Management
- Manage the Accounts Payable Supervisors and or Team Leaders and the Accounts Payable Accounting Team
- Ensure that departmental tasks are met and review of performance indicators for Accounts Payable
- Track on-going issues continuously and prepare stat sheets
- Manage the continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring that efforts are focused on supporting business objectives
- Leads the migration activities from Sites to Finance Shared Service ensuring, ensuring smooth and seamless transfer are focused on supporting a successful go live
- Designs and develops financial reports and analysis for reviews of World Area CFOs, Site Leaders and Finance Directors
- Organizes periodical closing activities across 5 World Areas: Asia Pacific, MEA, Europe, North and Latin America. Plan and control the deadline of each closing activities so Sites and Business Units can meet deadlines.
- Develops new solutions to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the work group like standard templates to arrive at a more systematic way of producing reports and encouraging out of the box disciplines among team members.
- Implements business operation and service solutions utilizing the continuous improvement process to increase the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of the work group
- Develops and implements operational operating tools, controls, processes, and procedures that are needed within the organization that pertain to the industry segment to maximize revenues, prevent inefficiencies, and contain costs
- Provides an efficient and reliable infrastructure to meet customer demands and service delivery. Develops objectives and tracking mechanisms to ensure the results of work are measurable
- Coordinates with the support groups new business implementation, including controlling all internal and external resources to ensure continuous uptime and optimization
- Implements policies on the filing, documenting and approval of time and attendance administration
- Perform staffing projection complementing work volume growth and forecast
- Accountable for the on-time and proper recruitment to fill job vacancies to ensure service levels and appropriate staffing are carried on (business continuity)
- Develops and implements complex scenario analysis, change management and planning of contingencies (business continuity)
- Assesses, manages and communicates risk associated with contractual matters with both internal and external companies, countries’ laws and regulations; compliance to laws and regulations (i.e. Trade compliance, Emerson’s CP & P, etc.)
Duty 4: Leadership & People Management
- Meets with team members regularly to review individual performance, provide feedback and coaching, and other developmental, training and career progression plans to ensure the success of the individuals within the team
- Plans, organizes and coordinates team activities to ensure employee engagement
- Establishes, supports and implements department rules and operating procedures for the purpose of providing cohesiveness, cooperation and enthusiasm within the customer support team
- Plans, assigns and directs work to the team/employees
- Adheres to the regularization, performance appraisal, quarterly performance appraisal, rewards and recognition and other people related policies and guidelines
- Monitors adherence to the ethics and code of conduct and implements disciplinary action in compliance with the requirement for due process
- Identifies functional /behavioral training & development needs of employees to support team goals and objectives
Duty 5: Internal Communication
- Ensure good communication within the team
- Conducts regular employee forums or skip level discussions to get to know the pulse of the team
- Develop strong morale within the team by encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding behaviors that supports the concept of excellence
- Conducts team meetings to address issues and concerns, escalations, improve processes and others
- Understands and seeks critical information and data needed by the team
- Communicates policies, programs and decisions that affect employees. Facilitates team discussions to ensure every member has the common understanding on business processes and decisions
- Implement feedback loops and upward communication mechanism as a check on line leaders’ performance
- Uses effective communication tools like flow charts, process flows, diagrams, etc. to effectively communicate products, processes, business and team performance, and others
Duty 6: Financial Management
- Maximizes revenue and measure costs for group
- Review invoices on a monthly basis and coordinates disputes with Finance
- Participate in annual budget and forecast activities. Supports the operational budgeting activities to help implement cost saving initiatives
- Reviews all cost-related activities. First line approver for all costs of the operations
- Develops programs that maximizes existing resources through understanding of the monetary value of the units produced by his or her team
Duty 7: Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Participates in goals-roll down processes; proposes activities, and sets quarterly and yearly directions for his/her teams
- Participates in sustaining and growing business partnerships with customers for Finance Shared Service Center. Helps implements new and expanded business operation and service solutions to improve Manila position as a premier investment site
- Leads the strategic planning activities of the team and ensures alignment of team action plans and initiatives with Business Unit and Manila Finance Shared Services Center strategic vision, objectives and strategies. Implements and monitors action plans and initiatives, and drives compliance to identified/agreed measures and targets
- Leads strategic initiatives (FSSC and EMSS Strategies) on execution and implementation
Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related courses; Preferably CPA
Job Related Experience:
- Five to seven years experience, including management of an accounts payable or other accounting team
- Experience in a shared service center servicing multiple countries
- Knowledge, insight and experience in complex multi-currency and multi company accounting processes
- Knowledge of the legal and statutory filing requirements
- Knowledge of the significant differences in tax legislation
URL blocked - click to apply: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
URL blocked - click to apply Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals.
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organizational goals.
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done with a focus on continuous improvement.
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policies, processes and people related organizational dynamics
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
Balances Stakeholders: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
Plans & Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals.
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the different
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Training And Development