We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently looking to recruit a BTM Bid Technical Manager for Zuerich, Mannheim or Kassel Germany
Purpose of the job:
You are involved in the product definition, which starts during pre-acquisition phase and therefore you are a point of contact into Sales, Marketing Department & Product Platform for the tender related issues – focusing on the technical topics. In the course of (pre-) bid execution you are responsible for the Function Rolling Stock & Components Engineering in the bid core team (which is led by Bid Management) i.e. you coordinate / support all tender activities / deliverables, requirement management, clause by clause comments, risk & opportunities and tender documentation for the Engineering part.
You are supporting as well other Functions like Contracts, Operation, Product Introduction which are also affected by vehicle technical functionalities.
During the negotiation phase you support Sales on request, and after contract signature you ensure a proper handover of all relevant tender documents to the project execution team. You have the authority and responsibility to discuss / negotiate on technical, cost and schedule issues with Bid Management / Sales / Customer and to make decisions, which are finally coordinated / approved by Head of RSC Engineering.
- Executes the applicable (pre-) bid process defined by Alstom
- serves as single point of contact in the RSC Engineering organization to Bid Management, Sales, Customer, Platform and internal & external Suppliers during tender execution
- responsible for the RSC Engineering bid budget (estimation, monitoring) during execution
- input to Contracts for wording of commercial related issues which are affected by vehicle technical functionalities
- actively supports evaluation and implementation of Alstom bid / product strategy
- supports Sales during technical negotiations with customer
- RSC Engineering representative in the marketing phase and in the cross functional (pre-) bid core team
- supporting preparation of reviews with respect to product definition, target cost and delivery dates
- lead by Platform
- analyses potential technical / contractual risks and their impact on product / (platform) / project execution in RSC Engineering
- Accountable for technical solution, related RSC Engineering cost and schedule of the offered product
- Responsible for the RSC Engineering part of the tender documentation
- Handles proper handover to project execution and supports the ramp up of the project
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge:
- University or Technical College Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or IT) or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of similar work experience.
- FHS and University graduates are also very welcome
- Fluent in English and German mother toungue is required.
- Additional language skills represent an advantage (IT/FR).
- The proposal is also aimed at graduates with a university or technical college degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical or IT) or equivalent or young professionals (junior BTM). With the support of a Senior BTM Bid Technical Manager, they have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with their new area of responsibility, acquire specific knowledge and continuously take on more responsibility. In doing so, they can apply the knowledge they have acquired during their training in a practical way .
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
- Agile Methodology
- Bid Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated