Local Unit & Position Description
The Section Loads, Power Performance and Wind Resource is part of the Department “Measurements Northern Europe” and is located in Hamburg and Kaiser-Wilhelm-Koog, Germany. The Section measures and analyses the loads on the whole structure of a wind turbine, evaluates the characteristic power curve of a specific turbine, measures the wind speed on site and provides diverse services involving LiDAR technology including equipment verification, classification as well as wind resource and power performance assessment.
The Section currently consists of 17 employees.
For our Loads, Power Performance & Wind Resource measurements team in Kaiser-Wilhelm-Koog we are looking for a technician with the following responsibilities:
- Prepare, install, test and decommission measurement equipment on the field according to projects’ needs as outlined by the project manager
- Perform maintenance visits for troubleshooting of installed measurement equipment
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration of measurement equipment once they return from the measurement campaigns
- Assure the readiness of measurement equipment in stock
Support all of our teams on ad hoc tasks
Essential skills and experience for this role are as follows:
- Complete education as technician, ideally as an electric, electronic or mechatronic technician
- Professional experience (2-4 years) working in the wind industry is a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge in usual office communication and office software
- Flexibility, initiative and commitment
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, both written and oral
- Team player and readiness to support colleagues
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international, on and offshore) and perform field work
- Driver’s license
- Suitably qualified and/or willing to take part in health and safety trainings to undertake working at heights, work on construction sites, and work involving electrical hazards (and any other required trainings e.g. confined spaces training as applicable)
Join us and you will:
Company & Business Area Description
- Work with dedicated, competent, highly educated and specialized colleagues in a global set up
- Be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and an open, cooperative working atmosphere
- Be exposed to demanding customer inquiries in an interesting and challenging, international environment with diverse international projects
- Experience exciting challenges and a new way of thinking in an ever-changing energy world
- Have an exciting and attractive working environment with a high degree of individual responsibility which you can actively shape
- Benefit from attractive, individual training and development opportunities as well as an attractive salary package
- Flexible place of work (in an attractive office, from home and in our clients' facilities) and flexible working hours
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Confined Spaces