Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? For over 75 years, Oil States Industries, Inc. has been a highly respected technology and solutions pioneer manufacturing diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense, and general industrial applications worldwide.
Oil States Industries, Inc. recognizes that our diverse workforce is our greatest asset. We offer a competitive pay package, including an annual incentive bonus program for all employees. When we contribute to the company’s success, we all win.
Sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? Come join our team!
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of Inside Sales & Customer Service. The position can be located in Arlington, Texas or Lampasas, Texas.
Support the sales and distribution programs of the division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and process customer and distributor orders by phone or fax.
- Enter sales orders and invoices into the manufacturing system.
- Issue verbal or written quotes.
- Research backordered part status when requested by customer or distributor.
- Maintain product files and prints.
- Manage stock orders to reps and distributors.
- Generate invoices.
- Mail & Email customer invoices daily.
- Prepare and file office copies of billing documents.
- Maintain customer files.
- Update and produce weekly reports including special Customer required reports.
- Acquire information about product inventory; determine material inventory and availability including purchasing lead time.
- Assist A/R in corresponding with customers on setting up new accounts and collecting past due invoices.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain computer database of division customers and distributors.
- Issue credit applications to new customers.
- Create labels for occasional UPS shipments.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Heavy data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum two years general office experience with at least one year of combined purchasing, customer service, and phone reception.
- Proficient with Windows software, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Glovia or other ERP system preferred
- Working knowledge of Master Control or other document control system a plus
- Basic mathematical capabilities such as addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Use of a computer, telephone and other office equipment, including copier/scanner, etc.
- Prolonged sitting.
- Frequent standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, carrying, reaching and bending.
- Some moderate lifting in excess of 20 pounds.
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 75 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer