1. JOB PURPOSE
Contract Management and maintenance of contractual records. Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters. (i.e craft, evaluate, interpret, draft, advise, negotiate, settle, claims, variations, disputes etc)
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute all types of contracts including but not limited to formal, short form, and annual contracts
- Advise and assist the Management and Projects on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Attend Project meetings where necessary and provide advice on commercial and contractual matters
- Provide contractual advise or interpretation when required
- Assist Project Manager in mitigating and performing risk assessment in contracts
- Provide assistance to Project Management Team in analysing cost and time impact (if any)
- Ensure proper project close out and any contract related requirement
- Provide the necessary guidance to members of the contracts team on contractual and commercial issues
- Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what’s best for company
Subcontract and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Oversee, Manage, and Review Subcontracts and Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Review, develop, and implement contract administration procedures, systems and policies in consultation with Management
- Provide Assistance to Subcontract Matters from start to completion
- Communicate with internal disciplines and negotiate to Vendor for any Procurement matters
- Communicate with internal disciplines and negotiate to Subcontractor/Service Providers for any Subcontract matters
- Attend Commercial clarification with Vendor/Subcontractors/Service Providers
- Contractual advise and defend against Vendor/Service Provider/Subcontractor’s claim
- Provide assistance to Project Management Team in analysing Subcontract Extension of Time or Variations
- Oversee all Subcontracts from Selection to Close-out
Identify possible areas of dispute amongst the Consultant(s), Contractor(s) as well as Client(s) and take the necessary proactive measures.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company itself
- Review/draft letters and documents for and from third parties/internal disciplines and assist to propose solution
- Contractual advise and defend against any invalid claim as to company
3. MAJOR CHALLENGES
- Mitigation of contractual risks
- Strict compliance to agreed terms and conditions
- Settling conflicts or preventing dispute
4. DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- Drafting notices or project correspondences, claims management, review of changes or variations, substantiation of contractual claims
- Any execution which will have an impact to the original schedule and/or contract price shall be sorted out.
- Any official correspondences or notices relating the project.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience on EPIC projects with 4 years’ experience managing multi-discipline medium-large size contracts in the GCC Region. Preferable experience in managing contractors in Qatar. Candidate preferably be Arabic and English speaker
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills to manage large or multiple construction projects.
Personal characteristics and behaviours required for this job
- Positive attitudes/ Drive for result
- Good interpersonal, polite, helpful and friendly manner.
- Strong Business acumen
- Excellent leadership skills
Technical Knowledge and courses (Good to have)
- Contractor Management