EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services & Helix Enterprises, under the joint-venture Helix Management Services, has an exciting opportunity at NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC). Located on Edwards AFB -- the 2nd largest base in the Air Force -- the Lead HVAC Technician will perform HVAC service repairs and preventative maintenance on HVAC systems at NASA's premier site for aeronautical research in Edwards, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes work assignments to other Technicians assigned to HVAC Shop.
- Works for Maintenance Supervisor, tracks and reports work within Shop.
- Installs, modifies and repairs and maintains, chilled water systems, central heating, ventilating, air conditioning, boilers (fired or unfired pressure vessels), and refrigeration systems for administrative office spaces, shop spaces, research laboratories, aircraft hangars, medical clinics, fitness facilities, dining and food preparation facilities.
- Installs, modifies and repairs related control systems, including pneumatic, DDC and other building control systems equipment.
- Performs difficult installation tasks involving assembly, testing, calibrating, and adjusting of temperature control and environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants, air environment control systems, air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling installations, specialized refrigerated warehouses and facilities, and evaporative mechanical ventilation and dehumidification systems.
- Maintains and repairs specialized laboratory equipment such as fume hoods, de-ionized water systems, bio-clean systems, cascade refrigeration systems and laboratory sinks.
- May perform complex repairs of system components such as compressors, condensers, heat pump regulators, fluid and refrigeration gas line valves, meters, gages, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer systems.
- Verify that HVAC techs are correctly maintaining performing their job tasks and reporting their time.
- Review rounds and reading logs for all critical HVAC systems to ensure all systems are operating properly.
- Must have a Universal 608 Certification
- Must have a minimum of 10 years experience in Commercial HVAC Service or
5 years commercial experience with and Associates degree in Refrigeration/ Air Conditioning or certification training i.e. NATE, UTI.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years direct HVAC experience in operations, maintenance, and repair of commercial refrigeration and AC equipment.
- Must have skill and technical ability to interpret, troubleshoot and complete installations and repairs as required to minimize down-time.
- Must be able to obtain Siemens “Advanced” Building Automation Certification
- Ability to communicate and interface with customers and coworkers.
- Familiar with computer systems such as MAXIMO, email, Building Controls Systems preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Will be required to stay current on all new equipment and control upgrades.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Control Systems
- Valves (Piping)