You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Senior Project Engineer provides design deliverables to support commercial-scale solar electric systems. He/she will execute engineering and technical tasks of assigned projects from early-stage site evaluation through complete permitted PV system design package and handover to Construction. While in construction the Engineer will provide technical support and quality inspections. The Senior Project Engineer will identify the most appropriate technical and material solutions for each project as well as perform detailed design calculations, as well as manage third party engineering service providers and Independent Engineers. Deliverables include review and comment on equipment specifications and shop drawings, conceptual design drawings, site evaluation reports, completed interconnection forms, three-line electrical diagrams, final design drawings and specifications, and other supporting detail as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support or personally complete the design of large-scale commercial solar PV systems, including but not limited to, mounting systems, electrical configurations, requisite wire, and conduit sizing according to NEC and Company's voltage drop standards, and generation of Bills of Materials (BOMs) and detailed system production modeling.
- Conduct detailed site evaluations for targeted projects, including but not limited to, due diligence review, proposal development and pre-engineering support to Sales, Finance and Construction.
- Bid, select, contract, and coordinate structural, electrical, environmental, geotechnical, and civil Professional Engineers as well as surveyors during the design process to assure the design meets technical and code requirements, as well as the Company's specifications and standards. Manage professional engineer review process to obtain PE stamps on drawing and calculation packages.
- Work with appropriate electric utilities and third-party engineering consultants to prepare and process interconnection paperwork; provide technical support and management of the interconnection process.
- Review and comment on specifications for equipment purchase and submittals of materials or equipment.
- Identify appropriate equipment for use in PV systems and perform technical qualification of products.
- Operate computer-aided engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with NEC, operational, and safety standards.
- Administer and manage capacity tests for newly commissioned PV systems.
- Provide on-going technical support to project construction team during construction of PV systems.
- Review of other design engineers' work during design and conceptual project development phases.
- Develop necessary customer deliverables such as concept module layouts, single line diagrams, equipment or material specifications, engineering validation, 3-D renderings, and photo simulations.
- Provide engineering and/or technical input and direction relevant to site evaluation and characterization, permitting, Power Purchase Agreements, Interconnection Agreements, financial modeling, and related project development tasks. Perform detailed energy production modeling calculations, string sizing, PV array to inverter matching, voltage drop, as well as orientation and inter-row spacing analysis.
- Perform electricity tariff analysis, electricity bill analysis, and load versus energy generation analysis.
- Gain an understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC), the International Building Code (IBC), and the International Fire Code (IFC), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC)
- Meets and/or exceeds established performance objectives of assigned duties as defined and communicated by management.
- Review and respond to submittals and RFIs from subcontractors and EPC partners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, (i.e. BSEE, BSME, BSCE, BSChE)
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification is required within 18 months of employment
- 5 years minimum engineering experience
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, structural, or civil engineering design is preferred
- Prior experience in the solar industry is required, specifically in commercial, utility, and distributed generation preferred.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to manage several design projects.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, photocopiers. Interfaces with customers, vendors, and the public.
Conducts work in in a professional office setting or off-site at company marketing events and trade shows. Physical working conditions may involve the following:
- Occasional work outdoors in non-ideal weather conditions for duties such as:
- Field inspections
- Client visits
- Pre-construction site assessments
- Must be able to open and inspect non-live electrical gear
- May require the use of hand tools
- Office environment
- Daily work
- Client visits
- Expo halls or conference centers
- Industry conferences and trade shows
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Audio Equipments
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering (Cae)
Job ID: BBBH42921