You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Designer/Senior Designer/Principal - HSE Design
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE:DESIGNER - HSE DESIGN
- Developing Piping and Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), Process Flow diagrams (PFD), Utility Flow diagrams (UFD), Fire Protection layouts, Hazardous area classification layouts, Passive fire protection (Fire proofing) layouts, Safety equipment layouts, Safety signs and Escape route layouts and other required layouts / diagrams as per the Cad Manual / Drafting basis. Develop first draft based on the information provided by the HSE Design Engineer.
- Prepare and review of drafting deliverables as per the Client requirement, Project Specification and Company Quality procedures.
- Shall be able to work out Material take-off from the drawings and include into drawings or lists.
- Provide assistance to HSE engineer for input of deluge water spray system and fire water data into PIPENET and run hydraulic calculations for their review.
- Check clashes in the 3D model relating to fire protection equipment location and deluge water spray system pipework/equipment. Provide inputs to piping engineers to resolve clashes.
- Shall be able to develop initial hydrant and fire protection layout based on project specification and international codes like NFPA. And provide drafts to HSE engineers for final checks / review.
- Assist proposals to estimate Fire water and deluge water spray system quantities and picking up MTO from FEED drawings.
- Assess total quantum of drafting and drawing requirements, format of delivery, time schedule and other requirements for execution of the work. Evaluate and develop methods and software requirements; AutoCAD, MicroStation and other relevant software.
- Allocation and distribution of drafting work to junior designers considering workload in consultation with concerned Engineer.
- Prepare the action plan for the job and responsibility matrix of Designers for the particular project and keep track on that.
- Quality assurance as per Company’s Quality procedures.
- Prepare job close out report with lesson learnt and provide to Lead Engineer.
- Performing all the duties assigned and directed by his supervisor.
- Provide required assistance to Discipline Supervisors for development of technical / drafting skills and overall efficiency.
- Provide training to junior designers for the preparation of layouts, P&IDs etc. and use of software.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma or certificate course with a minimum of 3 years of Loss prevention related experience preferable from a background in working for EPC organizations of the Oil and Gas industry.
- Auto Cad
- Flexible Working
Job ID: 068900