A vacancy has arisen for an O&M Engineer within the Energy and Asset Management based in London (O&M Midlands and South West Function) - predominantly based at the Kings Cross & Imperial College sites.
About the role
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for a number of tasks ranging from ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete through to being a part of the on call rota.
What you will need
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site
- Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio
- Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling customer service requirements and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting
- Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement
- Adopt Vital Energi's HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company's Management System. Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards
- Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above
- You will also be required to actively take part in the callout / standby rota. A full UK driving licence and a flexible approach to working practices and hours is essential
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Qualified Boiler / CHP Operator or relevant trade experience.
- Hold current CSCS card
Knowledge and experience
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation
- Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, Steam, MTHW, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption chillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS)
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems
- Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work
- Competetive Salary (depending upon experience)
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Non-contributory death-in-service insurance
- 33 Days Holiday including BH
- Flexible working hours patterns
- London based, predominantly King's Cross & Imperial College sites
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Electrical Engineering