Local Unit & Position Description
Area Benelux & France is part of the Maritime Region West Europe consisting of a team of approximately 73 enthusiastic and committed employees taking care of various technical services. These services are related to the following disciplines: CMC - Certification of Materials and Components for vessels and offshore installations. NB - New Building classification for vessels and offshore installations.
There are five office locations in the area: Antwerp, Le Havre, Marseille, Saint Nazaire and Rotterdam. Beside this, several people are working from a home office, in order to cover the geographical needs of our clients.
We aim to be the front runner in innovation, digitalization and customer centricity. For various disciplines new regimes are continuously introduced. Recent examples are electronic certificates, remote inspections, 3D printing, sensor-based maintenance, alternative fuels and now heading towards autonomous shipping. Customer needs and footprint reduction are key elements in this.
We are looking for a skilled Junior CMC Surveyor to join our CMC team in France and Belgium for whom the main focus of the work will be in the southern part of France, based in our office in Marseille.
- Responsible for the certification of a variety of technical products at manufacturers.
- Main product lines: Metallic and non-metallic materials. Welded components/structures. Pressure vessels and hydraulics, for various applications Propulsion, auxiliary engines, turbines and power generators. Electrical and automation systems. Thrusters, gearboxes, pumps, compressors.
- Manage a group of customers and interact with colleagues from all over the world to follow up on their needs.
Personal qualities & competence needs:
- Empathy and problem-solving mindset towards our clients
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing
- Team player with independent, self-organized abilities and positive mindset
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, material engineering or welding engineering or comparable competence. Bachelor degree will be considered based on profile and experience
- Experience in the industry sector, such as quality control, production or external inspections
- Good command of French and English
- In the possession of a valid driving license
- Flexibility to travel within France and cross boarder
- An interesting technical function, where you will be responsible for the certification of a variety of technical products
- The possibility to work with in a highly engaged team where trust, teamwork and innovation are core values
- The opportunity to grow and develop in a desired expertise role
- A job that continuously evolves due to technological developments
- A flexible but also demanding job with a high responsibility, where you meet interesting clients and products
- A job where you can grow and develop into other functions
- The possibility to work at DNV locations around the globe
Conditions of Employment:
Local terms and conditions. Contrat cadre horaire Syntec, voiture de fonction.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Mechanical Engineering