SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Measurement Technician will be responsible for performing calibrations on transmitters, EFC’s and chart recorders. Inspection of orifice fittings and procurement of pressurized crude oil samples and natural gas samples.
- Physically inspect orifice plate and fitting. Calibrate any chart recorder, transmitter or EFC associated with the orifice.
- Prove crude oil meters with prover loop or with in-line master meter.
- Prove LACT meters.
- Swap turbine meters and then package for shipping to off-site proving facility.
- Collect spot samples of crude oil, condensate and natural gas.
- Collect composite samples and troubleshoot composite sampler malfunctions.
- Conduct duties safely and following environmental compliance.
- Accurately complete all required permits, reports and forms.
- Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, offshore facility personnel to insure a high level of service is achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Provide guidance and assist in the training of Trainees.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
- Assist in other branch duties as assigned.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- Candidates with transferable experience as it relates to performing calibrations on transmitters, EFC's and chart recorders; inspection of orifice fittings and procuring pressurized oil / natural gas samples will have consideration and priority over other candidates.
- Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
- 3+ years field experience
- Orifice meter inspection / calibration /maintenance
- Flow Computer Calibration
- Sample procurement
- LACT meter proving experience (Shell Proficiency preferred)
- Must be physically fit to perform job duties as it pertains to:
- Working outdoors on offshore oil rigs during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
- Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Must have flexible schedule and be available 7/24 hour basis. Able to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations directly from home / office and travel daily which can lead up to being away from home up to several days at a time.
- Must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment.
- Pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol testing, annual physical, random drug test.
- Must maintain active driver’s license, TWIC, and adhere to OSHA requirements for respirator fitting.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
- Must be able to work within a team environment (assist, train, etc. co-workers) but works independently with minimal or no supervision.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Composite Materials
- Hardworking And Dedicated