- To perform the day-to-day finance activities within the finance team.
- Provide timely and professional services that support different sites, ensuring that the monthly US GAAP financials for the countries are prepared accurately and on time.
- Drive process improvements and provide training and development to others.
- Ensure financial integrity of the Financial Statements
- Part of a team responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into HFM (Reporting system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, TWC metrics, Headcount and other statistical requirements.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement variance analysis.
- Provide financial reports to finance management (e.g. account analysis, balance sheet and income statement flux analysis, reconciliations, ad hoc analysis, etc.).
- Balance Sheet
- Perform periodic financial close activities including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued expenses among others.
- Ownership of the balance sheet control reconciliations including investigation of reconciling items to clear in a timely manner.
- Manage, review and execute the end-to-end cash disbursements process.
- Perform and Analyze business reports for Bookings, Sales and backlog.
- Preparation of daily and period flash reports.
- Monthly reconciliations
- Product group, KOB and End destination Reporting.
- Deliver timely, comprehensive and quality management reporting including metrics.
- Maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal CP&P.
- Researches and investigates accounting issues as required.
- Recommends and implements solutions.
- Part of a team responsible of Business Intelligence and Analytics:
- Create reports and predictive financial models to enable effective decision making.
- Build and manage dashboards and metrics to identify key trends, risks and opportunities.
- With thorough data analysis, provide insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Europe wide engagements.
- Provide training within the team.
- Contributes on the knowledge management within the group and establishes standards and quality in the overall documentation efforts.
- Establishes a culture of learning and continues development and collaborates with operational teams.
- Contributes that training materials are defined, e-learning trainings are developed, an onboarding program is established and maintained.
- Support development of streamlined processes through automation or other efficiency gaining ways.
- Analyze Key Performance Indicators data, identify adverse trends and communicate these succinctly to management
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
• Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage.
• Minimum 5 years work experience for a large multi-national organization.
• Experience working in a matrix structure would be of an advantage.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change
• Knowledge of Oracle, SAP or Syteline together with HFM preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, POWER BI and PowerPoint skills.
• Flexible team player with ability to work in cross-functional teams and across varying groups and organizational levels
• Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems,
be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
• High level of curiosity, mindset of continuous improvement.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles