The Finance Analyst role supports the Machine Automation Solutions business at Emerson’s Automation Solutions platform. The role has a broad scope to include financial reporting process enhancements, portfolio forecasting, reporting and analysis, as well as driving various finance initiatives that spread across Supply Chain and Projects organization.
- Drive critical business planning processes in partnership with finance and operations colleagues including President’s Operating Review (POR), forecasting rhythms, annual planning, etc
- Manage monthly close processes including calculation and posting of inventory valuation accruals, obsolescence and warranty reserves, expense accruals, etc; prepare related account reconciliations and balance sheet reviews
- Produce timely and accurate reporting and analysis of profit margins on a monthly basis covering standard margin, productivity, deflation, inventory valuation, variances, other cost of sales, etc
- Direct recurring financial operating mechanisms including variable labor planning, inventory management, and factory wide financial planning; support global supply chain metrics review
- Improve financial reporting by continued development of dashboards and KPI tracking
- Partner with IT consultants to work through SAP Project Module configuration and system reporting
- Assist with monthly close activities, budgeting, and forecasting for Projects & Lifecycle Services
- Building on existing financial infrastructure for the new business segment Lifecycle Services to be a standalone reported product line
- Engage in other special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of Accounting work experience
- The candidate should be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. In addition, the ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact across business functions, as well communicate effectively with all levels of the organization are essential.
- Cost Accounting experience a plus.
- Minimal travel required of 5%.
- Computer skills\: Strong MS Office skills (advanced Excel level is a plus).
- SAP working knowledge.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Finance Analyst.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.