- Under the direction of a supervisor and/ or experienced machinist, responsible for the output of quality parts produced on CNC lathes in a safe and timely manner.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment or material transfer/ loader best suited for the job.
- Use fixtures to locate part into position and make correct offsets to machine.
- Confirm setup is correct, then starts and observes machine operation to detect possible malfunction prior to machine run.
- Read and understand blue print and supporting documents to know and understand part dimensions and tolerance requirements prior to running part. Adjust machine offset if needed to ensure part is in tolerance.
- Ensure tooling and fixture at machine is maintained and stored in orderly fashion. Keep machine and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance function on equipment.
- Perform other work related task as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company, HSE and QTS policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Math (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Fractions).
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Previous experience in oilfield considered an asset.
For more than 80 years, Tuboscope has provided the industry with oilfield tubular expertise and an integrated suite of value-added solutions. We maximize the lifecycle of assets, help make drilling safer and more efficient, increase production and decrease downtime. Our product lines include inspection services, mill inspection systems, corrosion control, machining services, hardbanding, artificial lift technologies, line pipe connection systems, MSI pipe protection technologies, asset & inventory management, rig inspection and rope access.
- Oil Fields
- Preventive Maintenance