Requisition ID: 116643
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The data services team is the technical arm of Kiewit data services and is primarily focused on building PowerApps, Python scripts, and data sets. As the Senior Data Analyst, Power Apps will be used to enable integration and capture additional data that will help in future analytics and efficiencies. Python scripts will be used to move and integrate data for our data scientists and to apply data quality rules to ensure the accuracy of data.
Kiewit Data Services’ (KDS) mission is to make Kiewit the premier data-driven organization in our industry. To accomplish this, our projects and districts need to have the right data, of the right quality, with the right level of analysis, available to them at the right time. KDS is a cross functional organization with employees that have expertise in data, technology, support and operations backgrounds. Our core functions are data Quality, Governance, Enablement, Analytics and Data Science.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
Build Python scripts and Database views to integrate data and curate datasets – Your primary responsibility will be to provide curated data sets for applications as prioritized by the Kiewit Data Services leadership team.
• Analyze Business requirements by collaborating with business analysts, product owners, and stakeholders.
• Design and develop curated data sets using Python
• Conduct technical design sessions with team member to ensure standards are being followed.
• Conduct code reviews.
• Adopt and promote use of GIT as source code repository.
• Practice agile methodologies
• App promotions to production environments
• Staying current with new tools and techniques as they get released by Microsoft.
• Staying current with python programming techniques.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 2+ years’ experience developing Python scripts to move and integrate data preferred
• 3+ years’ writing ANSI SQL on Microsoft SQL server (both on prem and azure)
• 2+ years’ using Teradata SQL preferred
• 1+ year experience using Power BI preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.