Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Austin, TX has an immediate opening for a Digital Services Sales Support Engineer. Relocation will be offered for candidates living outside of 50 miles of this location.
The primary functions of the Digital Services Sales Support Engineer are to lead the digital selling initiatives in the region, provide proposal support to regional sales engineers, and sell to customers in the targeted market areas. This position will responsible for driving awareness and adoption to new training, content, processes, practices and tools related to digital selling within the regional Services Sales team. Initial focus areas may include but are not limited to our lead management strategy, implementing sales enablement technologies (Bigtincan), driving our social selling initiative (LinkedIn Sales Navigator), and utilization and sharing Office 365 best practices and associated analytics reports.
This position will also be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a professional sales engineer while under little supervision. There will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will also support application and proposal needs for small-to-mid-sized sales opportunities throughout the region as needed.
The target customer type for this position is end users, with the responsibility to create holistic, solutions-based electrical service proposals. Success in this role hinges on the candidate’s ability to comprehend electrical power distribution concepts, proactively identify high-potential customers and opportunities, convert complex customer problems into attractive solutions, and leverage a broad set of internal and external resources to close orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Drive adoption and proficiency of digital tools within the sales region by providing coaching and support to Services Sales Engineers and other key stakeholders.
- Communicate and deliver insights by sharing best practices and lessons learned to both the North American Sales and Marketing & Commercial Operations organizations.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to new business processes and technologies which include but are not limited to:
- Lead management
- C360 updates (CRM)
- Bigtincan (Sales Enablement)
- Social selling (Sales Navigator)
- Individual & team productivity (Office 365)
- Business analytics & reporting (PowerBI)
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to meet aggressive sales goals.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
- Build relationships with key customers to enhance Eaton’s long-term business prospects.
- Provide accurate and timely drawing and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support.
- Prepare and present detailed proposals to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
- Collaborate and share information with broad Eaton product and service teams to generate team wins.
- Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong change management skills
- Skilled in adopting new technologies and optimizing them for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working across a broad territory with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Commands knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Skilled in Bid Manager and Vista
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time