Joining the Jacobs Advanced Facilities team means being part of a team that have delivered innovative solutions for diverse technically demanding projects for over 20 years. Our multi professional design team are involved from initial concept stages, through design and tendering, to commissioning and handover of advanced technology projects including data centers, electronics, life sciences, nanotechnology, and research laboratories.
JACOBS continues to support our clients and communities navigate both the seen and surprising ways that things are changing, we’re thinking differently about the changing road ahead, what to expect and how to plan, and how to adapt and thrive – both today and into tomorrow as the world changes.
At JACOBS we are looking to build upon our success and commitment towards sustainability within our support and innovation in the development of the Electric Vehicle market. We’re excited to offer opportunities to join our teams supporting this leading-edge technology. You will be joining experienced, innovative, and driven teams making a commitment towards sustainability. By helping our clients, you will be designing and delivering sustainable and leading-edge facilities that will help make a positive impact on all of our lives. Join JACOBS and together we can change tomorrow.
PlanBeyond™ is our JACOBS approach to sustainability — planning beyond today for a more sustainable future for everyone. We advance innovations that improve energy efﬁciency, resilience, conservation, reuse and reclamation of vital air, land, and water resources.
You will be part of a highly collaborative and agile team, delivering cutting edge solutions to world leading clients. Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced engineers who will contribute specialist knowledge and leadership.
Working in a project-based environment you will bring building services and industrial design experience as well as drive, enthusiasm, and the ability to work on your own initiative. The ideal candidate will be able to sit in any location in the United States.
Our I&C engineers:
- Independently lead plant design activities as an area/system leader and coordinate with multi-discipline designers.
- Perform I&C design work across several engineering disciplines in 2D/3D integrated design systems.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and vendor bid evaluations.
- Assist in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets for projects.
- Develops designer effort-hour estimates for I&C discipline.
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Size and specify instruments and produce datasheets
- Develop control system architecture
- Panel design for control systems
- Develop standard installation details.
- Update P&ID’s with controls content.
- Produce control system philosophy with input from other disciplines as required.
- Produce instrument lists and cable schedules
- Review submittals
- Carry out site surveys and design verification
- 4 years experience
- Minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Semiconductor experience preferable, large scale industrial, skill sets: Valve selection/sizing, AB (Rockwell) Automation platforms, chemical delivery systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel).
- Strong relevant engineering/design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector.
- Engineering/ design experience in the I&C systems
- Excellent English level - written and spoken
- Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
- Experience with MCC and VFD control requirements.
- Some experience with PLC code/SCADA preferred but not essential.
- Familiar with wiring regulations
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Agile Methodology
- Building Services Engineering
- Control Systems