The Process Analyst is responsible for providing in depth business process mapping and analysis of the core and business support processes in Customer Care Europe The role is instrumental in driving and delivering sustainable improvements intended to result in improved customer focus, increased delivery performance and optimized internal business processes.
This role will support with the development, and roll out the Business Process Framework. You will be identifying the current state of processes; identifying value add and non value add activity, documenting models of the processes; and facilitating stakeholder groups to align on new business process designs.
Process changes are essential to solving problems or exploiting opportunities, and the analyst will specialize in the use of new business process modelling tools to support Intelligent Automation and Continuous Improvement in Customer Care.
The Business Process Analyst is responsible for documenting, analyzing and understanding business process requirements, across all aspect of the Customer Care Functions from Quotes and Engineering, Order and Documentation Management, and Business Support. You will be a key member of the Continuous Improvement team and team engaged in the following activities:
- Work closely with stakeholders in the business to identify and analyze core business processes and workflows
- Facilitating workshops with Subject Matter Experts
- Documentation and governance of process and work flows
- Development of clear and detailed process maps and business requirements
- Identifying process waste (risks)
This role forms part of wider Business Process Management and Intelligent Automation Centre of Excellence programs working with teams across Emersons Journey to Digital Transformation.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIE
The Business Process Analyst typically has the ability to structure a large amount of information within a process framework. In general, you will work with business teams and to find the best way to design new processes and solve process-related problems. This will often involve mapping existing processes and designing improved ones.
Business Process Analysts are often required to understand how ERP, BPM, CRM and BI tools operate. An understanding of protocols like Oracle are also desirable. Business Process Analysts must be able to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
- Interview process participants to understand exactly how their processes work.
- Document process information using visual diagrams in the form of business process models (using the Business Process Management IBM Blueworks and Visio.
- Analyse process models as they are (As-is), compare them to the future and improved designs (To-be) and determine the necessary changes for arriving at the improved state.
- Identify, document and analyse business rules that govern the implementation of business processes.
- Support Business Process Management System (BPMS) specifications to be used by Intelligent Automation developers for process automation
- Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of changing them on people, business direction, systems and general business operations.
- Collate feedback on process performance (Cycle times and Takt Times) The collected data forms the basis of future process improvement projects
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
Other activities Business Process Analysts get involved in include:
- Documenting process changes
- Process redesign workshops
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher qualification / Degree. Engineering, Computer Science or Business would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Oracle or other ERP system, and of Sharepoint a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in Perfect Execution or Continuous Improvement an advantage
- Advanced knowledge in using MS office applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of Business processes –in Customer Care
- Experience or an understanding of Business Analysis and Project Management (Agile) would be an advantage.
- Sound ability to write and/ or revise technical documentation
- Proven track record of consistently seeing tasks through to completion
- Able to operate independently and in a team, and establish effective working relationships
- Fluent in oral and written English – other European languages would be an advantage
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Business Process Mapping
Business Process Management
Business Process Improvement