JOB TITLE: HR Advisor – Rig Dedicated
REPORTING TO: HR Manager
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
The Human Resources Advisor is the focal point for all people and human resource activities related to the assigned drilling unit.
The role partners with Managers and employees to help deliver a range of HR strategies, programmes and policies within the area, providing support and advice on operational HR matters and ensuring that Seadrill satisfies the industry standards, country regulation and client training and personnel requirements.
1.2 HSSEQ Responsible for/ensure:
- Making sure that you and your teamwork safe every day, every hour and every minute, no exception.
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
- Compliance with Client requirements
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
Employee Life Cycle
- Coordinate all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle in accordance with Seadrill recruitment processes.
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of HR support and personnel administration services - focal point for HR with employees, rig leadership and unions (when defined by HR Manager) providing appropriate HR advice and support responding to general queries and resolving ER matters Training and Competency
- Support training and certification of offshore staff, providing advice on training and competency requirements and ensuring compliance with Seadrill’s Training and Competency Matrix, operating area and client requirements.
- Responsible for championing Seadrill’s talent and performance management programme
- Appropriately manage the employee leaving process, coordinating with relevant stakeholders and systems to ensure a smooth transition and business continuity
Business Partnering & Continuous Improvements
- Actively partner with managers on People Related decisions; positively influence and challenge managers
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of HR programs and policies, providing feedback on local requirements and success of initiatives to ensure fit-for-purpose HR interventions
- Ensure proper support to Commercial and Operations Teams on HR data for tenders, respecting local requirements and following HR standard guidelines and templates
- Support planning with Rig and HR Management to identify possible risks and opportunity in; attrition, rig activity level and contract change, succession and development gaps
- Utilise Seadrill data to provide insights for the business to support informed people related decision making
External Customers & Regulators
- Focal point for HR legal issues at local level including compliance with regulatory and client requirements
Procedure and Cost Discipline
- Communicate and act as an ambassador of Seadrill policies and programs gathering support from HR CoE as needed.
- Focus on personnel related cost control and reporting on deviations
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or required.
1.5 QUALIFICATIONS Education
- As per Corporate and Regional Specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
- University degree in Business or Human Resource Management (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- 3 plus years of HR experience, preferably in the drilling or related oil & gas industry, working with office and offshore/industrial workers
- Understanding of the HR lifecycle.
- Excellent time management and able to prioritise workload.
- Able to interpret and present data in a meaningful way to management.
- Experienced with using HR data systems and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Contribute to the One HR Team principle.
- Adaptable, capable of dealing with ever changing marketing and work scenarios
- Fluent English. Able to confidently speak, read and understand English
Below is a list of the behavioural competencies required for this role.
Drive and Ownership
- Work safely
- Always behave ethically and with integrity (e.g. know right from wrong)
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude, are motivated and passionate about our work
- Take ownership of tasks and see things through to completion
- Come up with solutions and don’t just focus on the problem
Change and Forward Thinking
- Have an open mindset (e.g. embrace change, interested in new ways of working)
- Are flexible and adaptable
- Show an awareness and interest of how the rest of the company operates
- Look for improvements
- Seek to improve ourselves and the way we work (e.g. make time for our own development and learning)
Communication and Collaboration
- Use straightforward, honest and clear communication
- Take time to listen and under- stand others (e.g. ask questions)
- Are approachable and consistently polite
- Adapt our communication to our audience
- Work productively with people from all different backgrounds
- Offer support and help
- Deliver high quality work and are mindful of the detail
- Act as ambassadors for Seadrill and are consistently professional
- Gain a clear understanding of what customers want (e.g. ask questions and clarify our understanding)
- Respond quickly to customers
- Escalate customer issues that we can’t resolve ourselves
Human Resource Management