Use your leadership and technical skills and join us in building a greener future.
Sales > Offshore Operations > Construction Management Installation
Do you have experience with construction projects and a desire to work offshore? Might you consider becoming part of an environmentally friendly company, more specifically, would you like to become a part of the Installation Management team in Vestas Offshore Operations, constructing wind farms with the most powerful wind turbine in the world? The position includes 180 +/- travel days globally per year on a fixed rotation. You will be working side by side with the Installation Manager in the planning, execution and closure phases of the project.
As the Deputy Installation Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the daily operation on the offshore installation Vessel and will be navigating amongst several stakeholders to ensure safe, high quality and timely execution. A work day on an installation vessel is highly affected by uncontrollable factors, which make for a very versatile work load and a changing environment. Within this 'frame' the Deputy Installation Manager is expected to take responsibility for the following (though not exhaustive) list of areas of responsibility:
- Supporting the Installation Manager and Project Team in the planning, execution and closure phases of a project
- Supporting the management of interfaces between Vestas, Client and Installation Vessel owner in terms of Vessel Layouts, Lifting Plans, Power Requirements, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and related Work Instructions
- Taking part in the day-to-day communication and alignment with the client, vessel owner and relevant sub contracted companies
- Liaise with project coordinators for daily marine planning, incl. crew transfers and crew change
- Support the adequate training of installation personnel
- Ensure installation personnel welfare
- Effectively resolve internal and external cross-functional issues to ensure the project is not affected
- Installation execution according to QHSE standards
To be effective in this position it is crucial that you have a technical education and background and possess good leadership competences. You hold a degree in Marine Engineering or similar, however also other equivalent technical backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
- In addition to the formal educational level we also expect you to have 3+ years of experience in the wind industry or related industry. The experience needs to cover specific experience with installation of wind turbines in an environment where QHSE plays a significant role. You need to also be experienced in performing in an environment focused on creating good and beneficial relationships with all relevant stakeholders, while never compromising on internal processes and procedures
- Furthermore, experience in leadership of large scale projects is a great advantage
- You possess good IT skills working with Microsoft based platforms, ERP and coordination systems
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- The position calls for a person with a likable personality and who can reach buy-in from all stakeholders. Furthermore, it is important that you can motivate the team through a calm and determined way - while still respecting the individual
- In the role you will often be present with issues and challenges to solve. Therefore, it is of high importance that you, by nature, possess a result-oriented mindset and is characterised by being a 'problem solver'
- In addition, we expect you to be committed , focused and taking full responsibility of your area of the business
What we offer
You will become part of a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. We have a good atmosphere within the department, and everyone is always prepared to support when needed. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company within a very exciting industry. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
Please apply no later than 8th of May 2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Hardworking And Dedicated