Advisian (Worley Group) Water Resources is a diverse team of hydrologists, water engineers and hydrogeologists. We deliver water management solutions for our clients as an independent service line as well as part of larger multidisciplinary teams on a broad range of exciting projects. We are industry leaders who partner with our clients to deliver some of the most technically challenging water projects across Australia and internationally. We strive to enhance our client’s projects through integrating best practice water stewardship principles supported by technical excellence.
Working as a local team and as part of a broader team of water professionals across Australia, we undertake groundwater resource investigations, groundwater modelling, water supply studies and impact assessments for mining, hydrocarbons, chemicals and infrastructure clients.
Advisian is seeking applications from Principal Hydrogeologists to join, lead and grow our existing Water Resources team based in our Perth Office. Candidates should have proven leadership and consulting experience in Western Australia, are passionate about latest developments in hydrogeology and must be capable of developing new business with clients to support the growth of the team.
The role will require working closely with other talented professionals, and the candidate should be committed to mentoring and development of our staff to deliver technical excellence on projects.
At Advisian, there are also opportunities to work on existing large-scale world class projects focused on design and execution of field investigations and assessments supporting conceptual and detailed engineering design of water-related aspects on a wide variety of projects from inception to closure.
- Tertiary level qualifications in Geology/Hydrogeology from a recognised institution;
- Advanced experience in:
- whole of hydrogeological project lifecycle;
- geological and hydrogeological assessment and problem solving;
- conceptual and numerical hydrogeological modelling; and
- supervision, review and delivery of reports.
- Proven leadership and consulting experience in Western Australia;
- Significant experience working in multi-disciplinary teams. Understanding of engineering solutions and limitations in relation to hydrogeological challenges;
- Proven experience developing new business with clients to support the growth of the teams;
- Strong communication skills and actively seeks and promotes collaboration with team members and co-workers;
- Proven track record in effective business development and project delivery;
- Advanced technical leadership of hydrogeological teams;
- Extensive experience planning and managing field investigations for groundwater resource definition and impact assessment;
- Active in national and international hydrogeological communities;
- Current driver's licence.
- Masters degree in Hydrogeology or Geology (with a focus on hydrogeology).
The candidate should be enthusiastic about developments in hydrogeology, developing capabilities, developing and implementing marketing strategies and should be capable of working at an advanced level within an experienced team.
The successful candidate will have the following specific accountabilities;
- Provide technical oversight and support on projects as required;
- Planning and supervising hydrogeological projects in the office and in the field;
- Preparation of proposals, contract documentation and technical specifications;
- Client relationship development and management;
- Collaborate with the broader hydrogeology team to develop new hydrogeology work with new and existing clients across Australia;
- Support multi-disciplinary pursuits and growth of the team;
- Collaborate in the development of hydrogeology strategy, pursuits and projects across Australia;
- Collaborate to support and lead global pursuits / hydrogeology initiatives;
- Collaboration with peers and internal clients within the Advisian-Worley global business;
- Actively seeking to promote and raise profile of Advisian hydrogeological team and services within wider Worley Group;
- Be responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of Worley’s Quality Assurance System; and
- Implement safe work practices and be responsible for personal safety. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- At least 15 years relevant experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology and Hydrogeology. Master’s or Post doctorate qualifications are preferred.
- Advisian will offer you a remuneration & benefits package consistent with the current market, a friendly, professional and dynamic work environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Australia and overseas.
Please note at this time candidates must be Australian Citizens and or have work rights for this location and ideally based in Perth WA.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Coaching And Mentoring