Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-9812 Position descriptionJob title
Technical Quality Engineering Specialist (Material Science & Metallurgical) M/FContract
Temporary work contractContractual hours
Full timeContract duration
1 year Employee Status
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Qatar for a: Profile
Technical Quality Engineering Specialist Material Science & Metallurgical)
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible and to coordinate all technical quality related material science and metallurgical related efforts during the procurement of services and the procurement, manufacturing, delivery, installation of tangible goods and equipment for Major Project.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Coordinate technical quality, material processing, material qualification, failure investigation, root cause analysis and material testing during the procurement of services and equipment manufacturing , fabrication, delivery and installation of tangible goods to support the Project Management Team (PMT) for Major Projects.
- Assist Major Project PMT by reviewing and advising on [project related technical matrials and fabrication based specifications, standards, technical queries and specification deviation requests.
- Involved in the qualification process of new material manufacturers (Mills, forging companies, casting companies, fabrication and heat treatment companies), local and worldwide material and equipment manufacturing facilities.
- Review and advise on Project technical quality and materials documents through all stages of the project (pre-FEED, FEED and EPC) this will encompass procedures and specifications for ordering, transporting, and installing tangibel goods and materials.
- Review inspection acceptance and rejection criteria as well as maintenance procedures for newly qualified equipment.
- Perform failure analysis, as well as interpret lab analysis results of failed components, and generate failure analysis reports containing conclusion and recommendations to prevent similar failures from re-occurring.
- Participate in design review, pre-production meetings and technical risk assessments.
- Be primarily responsible for working with PMT in the development and implementation of material and service technical specifications.
- Provide effective training and development of the Project personnel in materials, fabrication and failure investigation processes.
- Establish and update material procurement, material manufacture (steel plate, pipe, forgings, castings, weldments) and specifications for PMT to ensure reliable manufacturers, fabricators and suppliers.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree or diploma in Engineering or Science from a recognized institution or approved program. Position localisationLocation
Minimum 30 years metallurgical and material science related experience in fabrication, manufacturing and construction for the international energy industry.
Minimum of 10 years in Supervisory or Managerial positions. Minimum of 5 years upstream oil & gas work experience preferably with worldwide-integrated oil companies.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
DohaCandidate criteriaMinimum level of education required
E-Bachelor or equivalentMinimum level of experience required
6 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Metal Heat Treatments