At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at [ Link removed ] . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
- NRG is looking for a Senior Analyst to join its Risk team. This is a high visibility role which will allow you to interact with traders and senior management to assure that pricing, hedging and risk evaluation techniques are applied and monitored. To succeed you must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with good communication skills. This position will report to the Product Control Manager within the Risk group and will be in either our Princeton, NJ or Houston, TX office.
- Analyze, value, and provide risk analysis around complex transactions and portfolio positions, including power generation, load contracts, complex derivatives, hedging strategies and trading assets.
- Develop and monitor position reports, PnL reports for energy portfolio.
- Mark and/or validate end-of-day curves in the risk system.
- Leverage problem solving, analytical skills, and new technologies to enhance and automate various risk processes.
- Collaborate effectively within the Risk team and other departments on issues/projects.
- Support reporting requests from NRG’s internal and external auditors.
- Work closely with IT on risk system improvements and testing new enhancements.
- Hybrid work schedule; a combination of working remotely from home and 3-4 days a week in the office.
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- Travel (minimal).
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance, risk management or energy industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline like Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, or equivalent quantitative risk experience.
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, and highly skilled with other MS Office products including Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, diligent, strong organizational skills, curious, confident, and creative
- Strong financial acumen and analytics background
- Knowledge and experience using relational databases and SQL
- SQL Proficiency: Able to run, modify, and build analytical tools.
- Understanding of commodity transaction types and market structures, experience within the power and sectors. gas
- Understanding of common risk metrics and control methodologies within commodity trading environment.
- Experience with trading and risk management systems like Aligne, Endur, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and communicate complex portfolios and transactions.
- Demonstrable IT and programming skills and working knowledge of common statistical packages.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail, diligent, strong organizational skills, curious, confident, and creative.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at [ Link removed ] )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
- Apache Open Office
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Awareness
- Commodity Market