The System Safety Assurance and Reliability Team work on a wide range of project both across the UK and internationally. System Safety Assurance and Reliability is a key area within our Strategic Consulting business. Our team is a highly motivated group responsible for providing technical system safety, reliability, dependability and risk management services to highly regulated industries, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior/Principal Safety Engineer to join our UK System Safety Assurance and Reliability Team. You will be joining a team who is delivering strategic and tactical support to some of the world’s most challenging projects and programmes across many industries including rail, air, water, government, energy and processing.
As a Senior/Principal Safety Engineer you will be responsible to deliver Safety Engineering to meet the customer requirements. These range from hazard identification, hazard management, risk assessment or production of safety technical reports. A successful candidate will have an aptitude for innovation, ability to challenge the status quo, experience in problem solving and work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
The System Safety Assurance and Reliability Team is distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally. We are a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting. Travel may be required to project and client offices with occasional overnight stays or longer-term secondments. This may include opportunities for working overseas.
- A degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant subject area.
- Experience in applying Safety Engineering in a regulated industry, preferably railways (e.g. Common Safety Method).
- Good knowledge of Hazard Identification and Management Techniques (e.g. HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SWIFT, etc.).
- Understanding of Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment Techniques (e.g. FTA, FMEAS, ETA, QRA, etc.).
- Experience in Safety Auditing and Assessment.
- Some experience in Team and/or Workstream Management.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll
- Professional qualified or working towards professional qualification (e.g. IEng/CEng).
- Experience in Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) (e.g. RBDs, FMECAs, FRACAS, etc.).
- Experience in Safety Cases development, SIL assessment/development, through-life safety case management, Bow Tie, etc.
- Knowledge of reliability software tools such as Isograph Reliability Workbench Software Package.
- Some experience in Bid and/or Business Development.
- Additional capability in systems engineering, human factors, resilience engineering and/or asset management.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
- Asset Management
- Business Development
- Business Requirements
- Case Management
- Chartered Engineer