The Construction Supervisor is responsible and accountable for implementing major, complex construction projects. May provide direction to field employees and subcontractors while performing own job; shall contribute to planning, work scheduling and major decision-making regarding work methods. The Construction Supervisor works closely with the project managers as well as subcontractors to ensure all capital construction work is completed to comply with project requirements and regulatory specifications in a safe manner, on-time, and operating within the assigned budget. Leads and/or attends design and construction coordination meetings. Additional duties shall include:
- Establishes work system boundaries, ensures subcontractors execute and complete scope of work, based on a thorough understanding of the design documents and subcontract requirements.
- Supports the project managers with updates to the established project schedule and drives completion of the scope of work to the established schedule.
- Supports the project managers with tracking and reporting subcontractor costs including review of subcontractor invoicing and reviews of subcontractor daily reports.
- Responsible for documenting daily work activities and progress.
- Leads or participates in design and construction coordination meetings
- Assists in the preparation of subcontract scopes of work and associated subcontract documents as necessary
- Reviews, and provides feedback on subcontractor Requests for Information (RFI) and change orders.
- Assists and tracks to completion non-conformance reports (NCR), deficiency notices (DN) and associated quality documents.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Heavy industrial construction experience
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen only (No Foreign Nationals or Dual Citizenship is allowed).
- Bachelors or Masters degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field.
- Working knowledge of ASME NQA-1 program is preferred.
- General construction experience with a focus on concrete and/or structural steel is preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of related experience
- Local Candidates preferred
The work location for this position at the Naval Reactors Facility, Idaho National Lab, Idaho Falls, ID 83403-2008 approximately 55 miles WNW of Idaho Falls, Idaho
Standard office and field time daily in a construction environment is expected.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office PC, with engineering / construction software will be provided
On-Site Security/Site Specific training is mandatory before performing project duties.
Timely response to resolve issues is expected.
Travel required – As needed
Work hours at the remote site will be 5-10’s with select overtime.
Must be able to walk across long distances over potential rough terrain. The ability to climb stairs and ladders to inspect the work is also required. Exposure to weather elements while in the field. Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work on construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. Exposure to weather elements while in the field
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
U.S. Citizenship required. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race", color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability," veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply and [ Link removed ] .