At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right people to join our Ireland team within our Power System segment as Field Service Engineers. On this occasion we are looking to find 2 candidates who could join our business. Your mission:
Working within the Schneider Electric Field Services Team, you will execute service activity on MV & LV equipment, according to work instructions and in accordance with Schneider Electric standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Typical tasks include MV & LV equipment installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity.You will deliver quality customer service in close co-operation with other Schneider Electric teams, taking actions to identify new Service business opportunities for Schneider Electric Ireland.
- Regular attendance at customer sites for installation, testing & commissioning and maintenance on systems ranging from 400V LV Switchgear to 38kV MV Switchgear & Power Transformers.
- Performing the following activities on Schneider Electric power distribution equipment at customer sites;
- Supervision of equipment offloading
- Commissioning activity on MV & LV Systems
- Systems testing and fault diagnosis
- Modifications / refurbishment of installed base equipment
- Maintenance of installed base equipment
- Troubleshoots simple equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Strive to develop and maintain technical best practice. Document test results and produce site work reports
- Perform site risk assessments and assist in producing method statements.
- Participate in necessary schemes to provide cover outside of normal working hours.
- Promote the Company’s service activities, identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Contribute to customer training activities.
- Contribute to the formulation of offers for site activities where support is required
- Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Electrician or Electrical Engineer) or equivalent experience
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in similar role with experience in installing, commissioning and maintaining LV / MV switchgear / Transformers
- Solid working knowledge of LV & MV distribution systems
- A basic understanding of power and control systems
- The ability to follow through on commitments to completion while working independently
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite, standard operating systems and associated peripherals
- Must hold a valid driving license
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with employees and customers in a professional manner, both in person and via telephone and with a strong focus on managing customer relationships
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety and environmental requirements
- Be willing to learn on the job with ability to apply engineering knowledge within related discipline
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Computer Control Systems