About the Role:
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
The WSP Waste and Resource Management team wish to recruit a highly motivated individual who can assist and lead the development of new work streams for the team.
The new work streams should be in addition to the core services offered by the team, though experience in these areas would be beneficial.
Our existing work streams include:
• Design advice and planning support for major developments.
• Development of environmental statements.
• Waste auditing including composition analysis, healthcare facilities etc.
• Clinical waste strategies; and
• Dangerous goods safety advisor services.
We can be flexible on location across our UK office network.
A typical week would include:
• Development of Waste Strategies and EIA chapters
• Design advise to architects and clients
• Waste stream auditing and analysis
• Other waste related projects as they arise
• Supporting wider Waste and Resource Management team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• A degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent
• Membership of or are Chartered with a relevant Institution
• Experience in the management of contracts, people and projects
• Led bids from inception to completion
• Good communication skills
• Good commercial awareness
• the ability to work independently, in a team or lead a team
• Business development experience.
We would be particularly interested in candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Construction waste management including waste quantification, waste minimisation and auditing.
• Circular economy.
• Corporate waste advice and management.
• Waste minimisation.
• Design of waste handling facilities (specifically excluding thermal treatment).
• Business development, including selling both the existing core services and develop new work streams within both the internal WSP market place and with external clients.
• Logistics, specifically the management of good (deliveries, post etc.) into a development.
The successful candidate would also be expected to deliver projects focused on the existing work and the new work streams.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Information Technology Consulting