General and Task Management
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions.
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries.
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
- Utilize any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Monitor the integrity of item ledger transactions and manage inventory accuracy.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing in a manufacturing (preferred) or distribution international environment required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues , managers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be fluent in English (German language ability a major plus).
- In depth ERP and MS Office applications knowledge (ADVANCED Excel skills).
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Material Requirements Planning
Order Management Systems