The Head of Sales will be an integral part of the Executive team with joint responsibility for creating a high performing Sales function by developing the strategies and actions plans to drive sales performance, exceed sales targets and ensure business profitability.
As a Head of Sales, your responsibilities will be:
Strategic & Operational Delivery:
- Work closely with the MD and cross-function teams to develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy to meet our Oman financial targets
- Analyse and understand the market trends and competitor activity to enable our team in Oman to exploit all market opportunities and remain competitive.
- Identify beneficial business opportunities and prepare requests for proposals to increase our clients portfolio
- Prepare forecasts and sales KPIs reporting for the Executive Management and the Group Sales Department
- Drive & monitor the sales pipeline and provide visibility during Management Committee and Business Reviews
- Ensure Successful launch of new products and development of competitive pricing models
- Understand our products and effectively communicate the value propositions to customers
- Build a long-lasting relationship with our Oman customers while partnering with them to better understand their business needs and objectives
- Identify potential new customers and develop strategies to on-board them as Oman customers
- Develop high quality partnership relationships with customers and potential customers by establishing excellent customer service standards and ensuring successful delivery.
- Lead the negotiation of key sales transactions along with the MD, Legal and the Group Sales representatives
- Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts
- Monitoring contracts and moving forward with close-out, extension or renewal of contracts
- Oversee the development and performance of the Sales Account Managers against key performance indicators
- Cascade the Sustainability Key Performance Indicators of the Sales function to drive the departmental performance
- Contribute to the identification of High potentials and potential successors of the Sales team and work with HR to put in place development actions
To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
- A Degree in Business or relevant similar fields.
- Experience in managing the sales function in the industries such as Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Power & others.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Sales Management with at least 5 years in a Senior Leadership position.
- Strong experience in Sales & Marketing with an extensive knowledge of sales principles & practices.
- Experience in supervising sales teams is essential.
- Experience in leading sales negotiation which led to high revenue increase.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Competitor Analysis
- Sales Management