You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Control/Automation manager to join our team. his position requires an individual with strong technical skills relating to process control systems. The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work. This will include providing hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The customers may be both external and internal.
In the lead technical role, an individual will be a contributing part of a project team but also be responsible to direct, supervise, lead, and review all assigned engineering personnel and their assigned tasks for a project. The individual will assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hour usage on projects. Leading and participating in start-up assignments will also be required.
- Analyzes requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
- Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming, and hardware design.
- Develop process controls execution strategies in conjunction with overall project development team (both locally and with remote engineering centers)
- Participation in P&ID development and Operability and Hazard Reviews
- Author, check or approve specifications of process control equipment including control valves, relief valves, flow measurement devices, process instrumentation, analytical systems, and DCS, PLC, and SCADA systems
- Identify and manage process controls technical risk items
- Manage your functional project teams schedule, budget, and quality. This team may be a local in-house design team, geographically remote engineering and design center, or an outside engineering EPC.
- Review SIL assessments and author SIL verifications
- Participate in Control System Design reviews
- Responsible for Cyber Security aspects of their scope of supply.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing of Process Automation equipment (DCS, Analyzers, PDC)
- Production and maintenance of instrument summaries
- Participate in plant commissioning, BPCS / SIS validations, SAT, and startups.
- Manage deliverables and report to project management about progress.
- May participate in preparing cost estimates for valves, instrumentation, analytical equipment, DCS equipment, SIS equipment and labor
Advanced Process Control:
- Deep refining, gas processing, or petrochemical process knowledge.
- Experience being a technical consultant for upper management, demonstrating the business impact of advanced and predictive control solutions provide.
- Develops/enhances best practices to implement model based predictive control solutions.
- Seen as an SME in APC or MBPC (Model based process control).
- Proven record of designing APC or MBPC solutions.
- Perform benefit studies highlighting the value of complex optimization solutions.
- Design and implement advanced regulatory control strategies.
- Perform dynamic model identification and control application testing and acceptance.
- Ensure Most Effective Technology (MET) is understood and utilized, and that process automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance
- Partners with experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and improve and document operating discipline
- Diagnose and document root causes of asset utilization losses in the facility
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and monitors resources for projects including setting and managing time-scales and budgets.
- Provides verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visits internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Provides a leading role in technical activities and will direct the activities of others assigned to customer projects. Take lead role in organizing, assigning, reviewing software development, direct functional specification development and planning for integrated customer witness testing.
- Client liaison and interface with management
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented.
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
- A bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years of applicable work experience
- An advanced degree with a minor in controls is preferred.
- Able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the design and implementation of control and instrumentation systems for process plants
- Experience developing BPCS / SIS architectures, control applications, and hardware specifications using Siemens PCS7.
- Additional experience with other controls platforms is a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate technical competence, leadership skills, communicate effectively
- Instrumentation specification authoring in Smart-Plant Instrumentation toolset
- Must be able to lead and direct the work of junior engineers assigned to projects
- Must be a strong team player with a willingness to accept responsibility
- Have good problem-solving abilities, be ambitious, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to work well within a multi-disciplinary design team located in multiple geographies and to liaise directly with suppliers and clients
- Travel is required, both domestic and international
- Travel will include trips to plant sites, equipment fabricators, outside engineering firms, and customer locations (estimated at 30%)
- Relevant practical site commissioning experience while not essential would be of benefit
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge, and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Computer Security
- Control Systems
- Cost Modelling
- Customer Relationship Management
Job ID: BBBH42312