Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety-driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine, and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates, and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing career development opportunities. We are looking for a Sustainability Manager at our corporate headquarters located in Dallas, Texas.
The Sustainability Manager will support the creation and implementation of the Corporate Sustainability Strategy through the development of key actions and initiatives within the company. Identifying and enacting enablers such as policies, procedures, and learning tools; collecting and analyzing relevant impact data and information; being a champion of Sustainability for executive leadership and peers across the Business Groups in the design, implementation, and measurement of internal/external sustainability impact programs.
• Work with the Director of Sustainability to develop strategies that underpin the Company’s Sustainability objectives.
• Ensure the connection between the business agenda with broader reputation and sustainability issues.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as NGOs, CSR associations, trade associations, and community groups.
• Creation of meaningful metrics for sustainability efforts and best practice sharing between internal Business Groups. (Oxy Low Carbon Ventures, Oil & Gas, etc.)
• Contribute to the preparation of the Sustainability portion of the annual sustainability and climate report.
• Work with the Director of Sustainability to conduct research, come up with ideas, develop policies, create detailed plans, build relationships with partner organizations, and help with expertise to guide a range of activities and initiatives designed to enhance our brand and competitive position in the market.
• Oversee Sustainability assessments and analysis, as well as stakeholder mapping. (water, GHG Emissions, waste, etc.)
• Work with communications director in building a storytelling strategy for our community programs and other sustainability projects.
• Develop and implement sustainability communications strategy and tools for internal communications channels (NYCU, OxyNET, Yammer, Webcasts, Project/story collection tools, Sustainability Newsletter) all in collaboration with the Corporate Communications team.
• Bachelor’s degree. Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in Sustainability, Business, Project Management, or Manufacturing. Ideally have an understanding of sustainability communications, commitments, disclosure, and reporting for the private sector.
• Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to manage large projects in complex business sectors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships with diverse individuals working with senior management and partners (communications, finance, HR, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.) at all levels in the Company.
• Digital savviness, fast learning abilities, working under tight deadlines and capacity to undertake multiple responsibilities at the same time
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.