Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as part of our Health, Safety, Security and Environment team? To help shape the future of our business. You will be involved in working as a member of our well-respected team from our Brisbane office, working collaboratively with our client to successfully deliver a fast-track project in the energy industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team while obtaining valuable experience in fast-track project delivery.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us:
[ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
The HSSE Advisor will support with coordination and implementation of the company HSSE management program on our Future Fuels project in Brisbane. In this role you will support on the field and the Project and Operation teams in all aspects of safety, occupational health, and environmental issues. The HSSE Advisor will be a hands-on support to implement, improve, monitor and resolve any HSSE matters.
In this role, you will undertake the following duties
- Have comprehensive knowledge of project HSSE requirements, specifically the HSSE plan and ensure full implementation and compliance on site by ensuring the HSSE plan is communicated and available on site.
- Communication of HSSE Policy, applicable legal requirements.
- Attend HSSE meetings as per the requirement of the Company & Project HSSE plan.
- Facilitate and provide support and guidance on effective HSSE risk management in your area of responsibility by performing daily reviews on StepBack, and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA).
- Promote Hazard identification and reporting and identity unsafe working conditions and behaviors.
- Closely monitor the compliance with permit to work system as applicable on work sites.
- Ensure the full implementation of the waste management plan and ensure waste is discarded correctly.
- Ensure the emergency response preparedness plan is fully implemented and employees are aware of the emergency protocols.
- Perform Level 1 HSSE inspections as stated in project HSSE Plan.
- Ensure all HSSE inspections, testing and color-coding is performed in accordance with the inspection matrix. Ensure all defects are identified and reported.
- Support and carry out investigation in gathering the required data.
- Ensure all corrective actions from incident investigations are effectively implemented on time.
- Ensure employees have the relevant HSSE training for the work at hand in accordance with the relevant HSSE Training matrix.
- Monitor safe transportation, storage, handling and disposal of chemicals as applicable.
- Ensure Toolbox talks are effectively performed as per the company & project requirements and report back to HSSE Supervisor/Manager on any shortfalls.
- Monitor subcontractors HSSE compliance with Kent PLC HSSE rules and regulations.
- Ensure unsafe work is stopped in line with the company requirements and recorded and HSSE Manager is notified.
- Ensure you strive for continual improvement in your career by constantly reviewing your professional development with your supervisor.
- NVQ, NFQ Level 3 Qualification, IOSH, OSHA 30 / Cert IV WHS (Diploma Preferred).
- ICAM / Taproot or equivalent Incident Investigation Certificate.
- Plus, a minimum of 5 years’ construction experience.
- Qualification / Certification in Auditing Desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have knowledge of construction field implementation of HSSE requirements.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Must have good experience and understanding of how to implement HSSE requirements in the field.
- Must be able to perform thorough site inspections and have the ability to close them out in a timely fashion.
- Understand the principals of risk management/HIRA
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development with the support and guidance of our leaders. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future, so why not pursue your career with us today!
Kent | The Energy Within
- Environmental Protection
- Hardworking And Dedicated